• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official NFL Draft Round 1 Thread - General Chatter

Jeremy Igo

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Team is going to look mighty different and while I’d love to keep our guys. I’m going to go a different route and bring in a bunch of new guys. I’ll break it down by line: Guentzel - Aho - Jarvis (Bringing Guentzel back along with RFA Jarvis is a no brainer) Svechnikov - Unger-Sorum - Toffoli (Throw FUS into the fire and give him two goal scorers in Svech and FA Toffoli to feed. Teravainen - Kuznetsov - Noesen (Bring Turbo back on a discount and bring back our only net front in Noesen) Martinook - Staal - Fast (Bring back Martinook and reunite the MAF line) Extra: Lemieux (The perfect extra) Slavin - Carrier (Burns is declining, bring in Alex Carrier who I’m a big fan of) Byram - Burns (Ship Necas to Buffalo for Byram) Orlov - Chatfield (Bringing back Chatfield is a no brainer) Extra: Morrow (He’ll get his chance) Kochetkov (It’s his time) Andersen (Only a couple years left) Martin (Most of his time will be in the AHL) First Call-Up’s: Nadeau, Blake Trade: Necas (He’ll be too expensive, trade him for a top 4 LD) Trade: Kotkaniemi (Probably won’t get anything for him, just attach a pick to him and be done with it) Walk: Pesce (Getting older, will be expensive, play will decline soon) Walk: Skjei (This one hurts the most but we won’t be able to afford him) Walk: Drury (Staal is still better than him at this point and they are redundant) Walk: DeAngelo (Thank you for your service) Walk: Raanta (Hopefully he retires) Walk: Tieksola, Murray, Burke (Better AHL options out there) Re-Sign: Comtois (Throw him in the AHL so we have a guy to protect our prospects) Re-Sign: Suzuki (Good depth for our AHL team) Re-Sign: Coghlan (Good AHL player) Re-Sign: Mendel (Good AHL player) Re-Sign: Smith (Good AHL player)  
    • So the Huddle thinks he is either a youth pastor or Ted Bundy. I honestly love it! Let's just hope he can coach in his off time!
    • Yeah that is the old school way, have your young QB sit. Which I guess got less popular when they had to pay the top draftees so much.