• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam needs to step up this year

And look at everything that's come out SINCE HE WAS DRAFTED (Turf toe all year; 4:47 pro day; plays faster on the field; fluid runner/mover; smooth hips for a big man; 40" vertical leap, etc.).

You were a bit too definitive there my friend (especially declaring him slow).

Old/Improper news IMO.

Let's just wait for the season to see what proves out, instead of believing in your own words.

Oh lord everyone knew he was hurt and believe me he's not a 4.4 on the field. He was a poor mans Kelvin pretty much the opposite of what we needed.

I won't doubt he has a productive seasons, I just feel there was a better option in the first round.

Cam has done a bang up job in his first 4 years. Truly exceptional his 1st year and very good in the subsequent years and just ok this past year (lots of different variables from year to year)

i've always said year 5-7 are they years the talented ones make the leap and become more consistent. Cam is one of the talented ones so we will see. We got him some weapons and we upgraded the talent on O-line. Still need a bit more help on the O-line but i think he can make these WR weapons work.

I believe in Cam, He has nothing to prove to anybody but himself and his teammates. He has been a blessing here in Carolina and immediately made us competitive following that horrendous 2010 season. "his arrow is going up"

Oh lord everyone knew he was hurt and believe me he's not a 4.4 on the field. He was a poor mans Kelvin pretty much the opposite of what we needed.

I won't doubt he has a productive seasons, I just feel there was a better option in the first round.

How do you know this before he plays one game? :startle:

Plus; Gettleman himself said on the radio this morning,

'Funchess is a faster, more athletic fluid Kelvin Benjamin. They're not the same'.

He did/This is what he said. So what in the hell are you saying and smoking!? :cool:

Lol at the usual, I understand Cam has had Shula and mediocre targets, an oline that can't block, and injured last year, but damnit he has to be better. The guy has been 90% of the offense. I've said for a long time that I don't know how bad or good Cam truly is because of all the mediocrity surrounding him.

Very true. I hope we get a competent OC sometime so we can at least see how dominant cam is with one

How about we try going over .500 this season.

That's what's wrong with people like you, your giving this team way to much credit for going 7-8-1, we are still a very flawed team that struggled to beat a injury ridden Cardinals team that started the worst QB in the NFL.

But I already know once the season is on it's way and the offense shows a slight struggle you blame Cam and the coaches, like every other huddler trying to defend the FO.

If the panthers took the same approach the Colts, dolphins or any of these other teams with young QBs took, then I'll say Cam has to step and has no excuse. Right now that isn't the case

I have never critcized Cam. I realize that he needs more weapons. I also realize that the current GM and staff has had their hands tied, DG said from the get go it would take 3 yrs to turn things around. I have faith in Cam and the FO that this will be year that things improve.

Please, specify what 'Poo I'm making up' instead of just giving me a random link? :phew:

Come on little man.

Please tell us what Wilson did during that superbowl which I was incorrect on?

Follow along Nancy.

Seattle's defense scored more points in the SB than their offense? The Seahawks defense score all their points before the Seahawks offense?

And Seahawks defense scored 5 seconds into the game, on the Broncos first offensive possession. But hey, lets pretend that the Seahawks were going 3 and out the entire first half prior to their offense scoring...because, you know, that fits your retarded narrative better...

I think the biggest takeaway from this thread is that there are a lot of entitled people in this fandom. They think that winning or getting to a superbowl is so easy that they act as if Cam is the reason for the failure to get there. People act like we weren't a 2-14 team when he was drafted. Just a lot of delusion regarding Cam and his progression as a QB and it's relation to the team. 

Follow along Nancy.

Seattle's defense scored more points in the SB than their offense? The Seahawks defense score all their points before the Seahawks offense?

And Seahawks defense scored 5 seconds into the game, on the Broncos first offensive possession. But hey, lets pretend that the Seahawks were going 3 and out the entire first half prior to their offense scoring...because, you know, that fits your retarded narrative better...

If you expect to get a response, I would advice you to clean up your language and hailing signals Sally.

So you're saying the Seattle Defense didn't score about 20 points (and/or greatly assist the offense) before they scored any points on their own?

And Yes, IRRC, the Seattle defense scored more points in the first half than the Seattle offense did. The Seattle offense, scored later, in the second half after the game was over (and the defense scored, and/or assisted on those points). Is that not true?

Wilson and the Seattle defense, did virtually nothing the entire first half. I stand by that.

Funny, how people forget/didn't watch or remember the game.

Archived