• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many true, lifelong Panthers fans are actually out there?

SIGCHI222

I'm 25. Born in 1990 and have been a Panther fan since 95'. I was a new fan of the game and they were a new team. As a 5 year old I picked them for the logo and color scheme and have stuck with them ever since. Being a fan of a team in another region hasn't been easy. I remember "watching" entire games on ESPN Gamecast because there was no such thing as Red Zone or Sunday Ticket.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1431575122.258129.jpg

Age 5 or 6 here rocking a Panther t-shirt. My bowl cut was the GOAT.

I am not from the Carolinas either and I was I think ten when the Panthers were announced.

I picked them because I thought the logo and colors were cool too haha. I also used to have to watch updates online. I always found cbs sportsline to be the best option.

Before the Panthers I liked the Bills. I was a Thurman Thomas fan.

Be honest...you had NO team before that? I'll believe you either way.

Nope I was never into football before that. Didn't know anything about the sport all throughout the 8th grade which was my first year playing it. I live in Northwest Indiana which is considered "Bear Country" almost all of my friends are either Bears or Colts fans and I hated the idea of rooting for a team just because they are considered the home town team. I wanted to like my team for other reasons and I think because of that it made me into the die hard Panther fan I am today. And to my knowledge I'm the only Panthers fan in my County. I also have family that live in the Carolinas and I've been there multiple times I hope to live there one day. So put all of that together and that's why I'm the Panthers fan I am today.

30 and didn't give two poos about the NFL until the Panthers. OP off by about five years.

You are an outlier which is understandable, they do exist.  I just wanted to start a discussion.  If you will look at my post history I am just a average fan wanting to play nice.  Not sure why you are so pissy.

You are among friends brah.

Nope I was never into football before that. Didn't know anything about the sport all throughout the 8th grade which was my first year playing it. I live in Northwest Indiana which is considered "Bear Country" almost all of my friends are either Bears or Colts fans and I hated the idea of rooting for a team just because they are considered the home town team. I wanted to like my team for other reasons and I think because of that it made me into the die hard Panther fan I am today. And to my knowledge I'm the only Panthers fan in my County. I also have family that live in the Carolinas and I've been there multiple times I hope to live there one day. So put all of that together and that's why I'm the Panthers fan I am today.

Couldn't ask for a more well-spoken answer than that.

I'm only 23, but the only NFL team I've ever rooted for is the Panthers. I didn't become a Panthers fan until the early 2000s because I only liked basketball for my first few years. But once I got into football, I was drawn to the Panthers pretty quickly. My brother is 21 and did the same thing. 

Right here is another true "lifelong".

When you can't recall our SB but are a fan...you ain't going nowhere.

Yep, and as you can see I've had an account since '08 and I used to make some really dumb posts back then as a 12 year old. I've been lurking for a while but I feel its about time I start putting in some input.

When I was little in Virginia (1999/2000 I guess) and started liking football I was a Panther fan because everyone was Redskins fans and I liked the Panthers uniforms better lol

Never pulled for another another team.

Archived