• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Finals Thread

As a fan of Bron and steph, and most likely a bigger fan of the Warriors as a team, out of the two, I have to say Cleveland's one big advantage was rebounding coming into this series.  The officiating has definitely negated that by allowing the undersized Warriors maul, clutch, and grab Cavs players on too many plays to count.   I don't ever recall seeing so many non-calls in loose ball situations. 

There's an alternate universe where Shaun Livingston is the Hornets backup point guard while Mcbob comes back and Hayward isn't matched by Utah.

Yeesh what a nightmare off season that turned out to be. On the one hand I want Cleveland to win. On the other hand I'm ready to get to the draft ASAP.

As a fan of Bron and steph, and most likely a bigger fan of the Warriors as a team, out of the two, I have to say Cleveland's one big advantage was rebounding coming into this series.  The officiating has definitely negated that by allowing the undersized Warriors maul, clutch, and grab Cavs players on too many plays to count.   I don't ever recall seeing so many non-calls in loose ball situations. 

​The Cavs have out-rebounded them the entire series, so it's been a big advantage and hasn't been negated at all. It's going both ways and they aren't calling much on either team. And the Cavs have been hacking the sh*t out of the Warriors on defense and refs haven't been calling anything there. They're letting them play, and it favors Cleveland's style of play more than the Warriors'. 

​The Cavs have out-rebounded them the entire series, so it's been a big advantage and hasn't been negated at all. It's going both ways and they aren't calling much on either team. And the Cavs have been hacking the sh*t out of the Warriors on defense and refs haven't been calling anything there. They're letting them play, and it favors Cleveland's style of play more than the Warriors'. 

I misspoke then...   I didn't mean it negated the rebounding average statistically, what I meant is that it has dramatically changed those stats.  If the refs were calling half of that poo, the rebounding would be astronomically higher in favor of the cavs and that would also dramatically change the way the games have been played...   Not to mention, Green probably would've been fouled out of 3 or 4 of the games. 

Only calls I've seen going the cavs way were occasional (i.e.,LeBron sliding up under steph and causing a steal in game 2 or 3, LeBron travels but is then hacked like crazy...).   Those calls aren't detrimental to GS.  Not calling blatant holding, over the back, and pulling from behind is for Cleveland.  The second chance points on both ends would be a lot different if it was called. 

Again, I don't it misconstrued...   I was gonna be happy either way with whoever won.  That has just stood out to me, and the last two or three games it has just progressively gotten worse.  Not to mention if Bron is considered the most talented, skilled player since MJ, he certainly isn't getting MJ type calls when he forces the action, and the officials letting that go at the end of game 2 IIRC, completely gave the game to GS. 

There is a difference between letting them play and just sucking at your job. 

In all honesty though, I thought the NBA would call it favoring the cavs tonight and force a game 7 (hello $$$).  But the cavs haven't even played well enough to allow the refs to have an effect.  I think Bron is spent and his supporting cast just sucks outside of mozgov.  JR Smith is the antithesis of clutch. 

Archived