• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Man lands 550lb goliath grouper from fishing kayak

Jeremy Igo

I don't know what happened with that first post but anyway,,, those things are huge and especially in a kayak. One came out of nowhere and stole a big king mackerel that we were attempting to land on a boat down in Clearwater. Scare the sh*t out of all of us.....happened later that day again but it was a shark and not a grouper. 

Had he not released it, he would have been in some big time trouble. You are not allowed to restrain or attempt to take them out of the water. Very protected, 

one time I caught a 40 lb striper and now I'm done with fishing for the rest of my life

​I like the problem solving aspect to fishing. Trying to figure out how to trick them into biting an artificial lure is pretty challenging. Sometimes catching smaller fish on lighter tackle can be pretty damn fun. 

​I like the problem solving aspect to fishing. Trying to figure out how to trick them into biting an artificial lure is pretty challenging. Sometimes catching smaller fish on lighter tackle can be pretty damn fun. 

Sounds like the tinderbox to me....

Archived