• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doug Gottlieb's take on Cam CBS Sports Radio

The Huddler

The uptempo offense doesn't mean snap the ball as soon as the ref drops it..leave that too chip' The uptempo I'm referring too is get to the line faster to throw the defense off but addible at times, fake the snap, drop back into shotgun then run up to the line' throw off the defense timing&player changing and at time hike quickly too keep the defense honest..

​The no huddle that Denver runs put players on the line not because it trying to throw off the defense so much as keep the defense from substituting different packages.  It also means that the offense can't substitute either or you have to give the defense time to substitute as well.  Things like audibelizing, dropping back into the shotgun and then coming up to the line is not unique to the no huddle. We will run more no-huddle this year but it will still be situational and not our base offense. Like it should. 

The funny thing is these dudes have no idea what they are talking about. What does everyone say about Chip Kelly's offense? It's incredibly simple so they can run it fast. 

Fast and cerebral are not the same thing. Cam has to work harder because the defense catches a breathe and subs pass rushers to attack him. Our offense is not to the benefit of Cam Newton. 

This thread features a lot of people who are defending positions that they could not possibly know.  There is reason to speculate--they don't know, we don't know. 

When it all settles, this is true:  2015 is our best chance since 2003 to win a Superb owl.  I include 2008 and 2013.  This is Cam's year to show what he has.  If he is as good as most here think, this team should be in the NFL championship game at the least.   Cam has better protection, better WRs, better RBs, better special teams, and a better Defense than last year.  Sure, we could have a better OT and an better SS, but at some point, the excuses need to end and this dynasty needs to begin.  I personally think the stars are aligned NOW.  Let's enjoy the ride. 
And I don't care what CBS, ESPN, NFL Network etc think.  They have to babble about something during the offseason.  I am not getting excited or depressed about anyone's comments.  Don't care-- even a little bit.

Remember those stupid press conferences last season with Rivera and Shula where both of them seemed confused as to why the press was asking about the no huddle offense?

It took those fugers like three or four games until they realized Cam was killin' it. Then they still tried to make excuses as to why we did utilize it more...

Archived