• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for my beloved Panther fan friends

Hawk

What the..? Cam averages more rushes a year than Wilson. Wilson is no more of a runner than Cam. Obviously this thread is trolling though.

​not trolling at all...I was trying to ask a serious question!  In my opinion, Cam plays a much more agressive style and is more willing to take the hit to make the extra yards...not saying that's a bad thing at all, I was just curious what you all thought about that and his lengevity etc.

​RG3 will disagree!  Cam obviously plays a very agressive style and he's willing to take the big hit to make the big play, but how long can that last?

​rg3 is made of pencil lead.

and cam's going to be able to do that for a few more years, but like i said, he's a smart runner and when he starts getting to that point i'm sure he'll tone it down. he's a QB that is constantly growing and evolving and i'm sure that we will likely see less running 5 years from now, but even at that he'll be able to make dynamic plays when the occassion arises.

it's just not a worry i have. i will always be more worried about cam getting protection from the OL in the pocket than i do from his running.

​not trolling at all...I was trying to ask a serious question!  In my opinion, Cam plays a much more agressive style and is more willing to take the hit to make the extra yards...not saying that's a bad thing at all, I was just curious what you all thought about that and his lengevity etc.

​I don't think your trolling at all, but I will say that whoever asked earlier how many Panthers games you've watched had a really good point.  In all the big play highlights, when he's trying to move the chains, or hit pay dirt, yeah he'll sometimes take on linebackers and what not because he can, but he really does get down WAY more than people realize.  Frustrating as a fan sometimes because I fee like he could have easily gotten 5-8 more yards, but then I stop and tell myself, no no, that was actually smart.

​rg3 is made of pencil lead.

and cam's going to be able to do that for a few more years, but like i said, he's a smart runner and when he starts getting to that point i'm sure he'll tone it down. he's a QB that is constantly growing and evolving and i'm sure that we will likely see less running 5 years from now, but even at that he'll be able to make dynamic plays when the occassion arises.

it's just not a worry i have. i will always be more worried about cam getting protection from the OL in the pocket than i do from his running.

​thank you...that was the kind of response I was looking for when I asked the initial question.  Appreciate the response and the fact that some folks here can have a civil conversation without getting butt hurt, taking it as trolling or rolling in the homerism

Cam has gotten noticeably smarter since taking the shot that cracked his ribs (or at least that's what I want to believe), and he even intimated that he would be smarter in the future in reference to being "aggressive", so I am going to take him at his word. I am not worried about that...Getting creamed, especially from the blind side, that worries me a little. But Gman ain't stupid. He is not going to serve his franchise QB as a sacrificial lamb.

not going strawman on you, but are you ​worried about Lynch getting hurt with his hard running style? Well Cam's got half a foot and 30 lbs. size advantage on Lynch. Just sayin'

​I don't think your trolling at all, but I will say that whoever asked earlier how many Panthers games you've watched had a really good point.  In all the big play highlights, when he's trying to move the chains, or hit pay dirt, yeah he'll sometimes take on linebackers and what not because he can, but he really does get down WAY more than people realize.  Frustrating as a fan sometimes because I fee like he could have easily gotten 5-8 more yards, but then I stop and tell myself, no no, that was actually smart.

​I'm a Seahawk fan but I'm a football fan first and foremost.  I watch alot of highlights and all that stuff and obviously, that's what they are going to show...big plays and big hits.  Obviously my visions of what Cam's game is have been clouded by highlights on SC and not of all the rest of his plays.

not going strawman on you, but are you ​worried about Lynch getting hurt with his hard running style? Well Cam's got half a foot and 30 lbs. size advantage on Lynch. Just sayin'

​scares the hell out of me everytime he's on the bottom of the pile and whenever he gets hit time after time, absolutely.

I think we see Cam cut down a bit on the scrambling this year and play more from the pocket. We saw it in the beginning of last year, when he couldn't run because of his ankle surgery. He had a few games in that stretch where he had to play like a more traditional QB ( fug*ng statues) and he looked really good throwing the ball. Thats not to say that he won't run, of course he will have designed runs and some scrambles, I just personally believe he'll have fewer.

​scares the hell out of me everytime he's on the bottom of the pile and whenever he gets hit time after time, absolutely.

​So since you're here, let me ask you this. Rank these impending free agents from most important to re-sign to getdafugouttahere.

LT Okung, RG Swezy, QB Wilson, WR Kearse, RB Turbin, DE Scruggs, DT Mebane, DT McDaniel, OLB Irvin, OLB Morgan, ILB Wagner, CB Lane, P Ryan

Pleez and thanx

the most dangerous place for a QB, regardless of how mobile he is, is the pocket. that will never change. he's a smart runner and more than able to take care of himself in that regard. it's the defenders dropping into the backfield that he can't see that is the threat and that's going to be the same with all QBs.

​Someone should have told RG3 this when he got drafted lol.

What the..? Cam averages more rushes a year than Wilson. Wilson is no more of a runner than Cam. Obviously this thread is trolling though.

​Because of his putrid offensive line and receivers, he has had to run. Cam only runs when receivers aren't open or the pocket completely collapses--which is a lot of times--and the occasional designed run. Wilson's first instinct is to get out of the pocket, even if it's secure, and to either pass from there if his first read is open, or run if it isn't. Point of the post was Cam is a mammoth of a human being, and Wilson is a twig. One is clearly more susceptible to injury than the other.

​Because of his putrid offensive line and receivers, he has had to run. Cam only runs when receivers aren't open or the pocket completely collapses--which is a lot of times--and the occasional designed run. Wilson's first instinct is to get out of the pocket, even if it's secure, and to either pass from there if his first read is open, or run if it isn't. Point of the post was Cam is a mammoth of a human being, and Wilson is a twig. One is clearly more susceptible to injury than the other.

Wilson also wants a fully grantueed contract. He realizes he's built like a twig and better cash in while he's still healthy. 

Archived