• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Hornets make trade on Draft night if so what kind?

yeswecam

I'll be disappointed when we don't end up with Kaminsky or WCS.

WCS is definitely my top non-1 or 2 for us.  I'd have to imagine we'd then have to go after a 3rd PG and a starting caliber SG (Hornets standards wise) in the FA.    

I gotta think the hornets trade back, and my bet is with Boston.  Boston has #16, #28, #33, & #45.  I can see Boston trading #16 & #28 for #9.  Or #16 and a player.  Hornets pick Stanley Johnson as long as RJ Hunter is there at #16, they trade with Boston. 

I thought Hairston was your shooter? If you take Booker don't you have a logjam at SG now that Henderson is back?

Yes, and the same can be said for the frontcourt, although we still have to make a decision on what to do with Biz. With the Hawes acquisition it would make sense if a small trade was in the works, especially if WCS is the pick.

The thing is, what made PJ so enticing is that physically the tools are there, but there are legitimate concerns about what's going on between the ears. I would love it if he allowed us to move on from Gerald permanently next season, but I'm not expecting much.

Aside from Kemba in 2011, we have not drafted a backcourt player in the lottery since drafting Henderson in 2009 despite the perpetual need, and Booker advocates suggest that is why Henderson  (and Kemba for that matter) haven't been unseated as starters. I don't subscribe to this as I'm not a Booker fan, but it makes sense.

Gut feeling: We don't like being at 9, and the Kaminsky "interest" is being used as a ploy to get the attention of the Knicks who don't like being at 4.

The Knicks and Suns are rumored to be discussing a deal surrounding Bledsoe. Kaminsky makes more sense at 13 than he does at 4, obviously.

However, by throwing our interest out there, now New York has to get to 9, not 13, to take Frank, leaving us to get 4. They also want to move Calderon, and Mo is a free agent.

Kemba + Zeller + 9 = 4 + Calderon

At 4, anything is possible, especially if Cousins gets moved or Philly or LA shock folks and go against the chalk picks and take Porzingis. Assuming Russell doesn't fall, that leaves Porzingis (a higher ceiling Vonleh) or Mudiay as your new direction at point guard. Aside from that you now have the pick of the litter of Mario, Winslow, WCS, or any other guy you wanted but weren't sure he'd fall to 9.

Get it done.

Archived