• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Hornets make trade on Draft night if so what kind?

yeswecam

I'd like to see it.  I'd love to trade for an established player, potentially an up and coming guy on the wrong team. 

But also wouldn't mind either trading up in the draft, or even down a few spots. Picks 8-15 or so are all on the same level to me. 

I'd just like to see something done.  The roster is meh at best right now, with no real improvement in the near future unless they find an absolute gem.  Kemba is who he is, great at times but just decent to good most of the time, SG hole is obvious, MKG is good but will never be an all-around threat IMO, who knows with the kids at PF if they'll reach anything, and Al is Al but potentially on the decline. 

I'd like to see it.  I'd love to trade for an established player, potentially an up and coming guy on the wrong team. 

But also wouldn't mind either trading up in the draft, or even down a few spots. Picks 8-15 or so are all on the same level to me. 

I'd just like to see something done.  The roster is meh at best right now, with no real improvement in the near future unless they find an absolute gem.  Kemba is who he is, great at times but just decent to good most of the time, SG hole is obvious, MKG is good but will never be an all-around threat IMO, who knows with the kids at PF if they'll reach anything, and Al is Al but potentially on the decline. 

"Al potentially on the decline" is the understatement of the century, but I'm with you. I'm not sure if there is a "one move fixes all" solution available, but I just want to see them do something. Going into next season just relying on health and individual improvement alone is not solving any of the real issues holding the team back.

Unfortunately, Cho will probably continue to be way too conservative and trade the pick for Arron Afflalo or something.

I'd like to see them move up.  The Knicks pick is very available.  Cho talks about wanting to "accelerate" this rebuild yet has made no signs of making any bold moves.  I'd trade a future first and one of our young guys (Lance, Kemba, PJ, Cody, Vonleh in order of the ones I'd most prefer we give up) that's not MKG for the pick.

If we could somehow land D'angelo Russell.... Mannnnn 

I wish Kemba and 9 would be enough to get to 4, but even then, one of the Lakers or Sixers has to fall in love with Winslow or Mudiay and take either instead.

How brilliant does Hinkie look? Got the Lakers pick from Phoenix for sending MCW to Milwaukee, and now he can get a huge upgrade in Russell. I wish we thought two steps ahead like that...

Archived