• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brenton Bersin continues to impress

Jeremy Igo

13 catches is nothing to sneeze at for a 4th receiver. My god it as if people expect 50 catches like this is madden or something.  You do realize we run more 2/3 wr sets? So he won't be out on the field that much. and if we do have 4 on the field, the other 3 great ones should do a better job at getting open.

Speed means jack if you can't catch.

• Pie 1

I think maybe since we havent had a solid WR2 in awhile, people are judging Bersin too harshly  They might be expecting too much out of him and thats because we are expecting more out of every WR not named Kelvin Benjamin (used to be Steve Smith)...just waiting for someone to really step up...like Cam said, We're all just hungry for wins.

We have to hope that Funch can have close to the kind of impact KB had as a rookie. If we actually do end up having a great offense, there is a good chance it will be because our WR1, WR2, WR3, and TE will get the job done 95% of the time in the passing game.  You could also make an argument that our ability to run the ball could be the most important factor for success this year, so it could be hard for the WR4 to see a lot of action.  If we can do those things, than we should be fine and we shouldnt have to worry so much about finding a WR with more speed or only finding someone that can also play ST.  Just pick the guy who routinely does a better job in practice.  Obviously, coaches will value ST. so we will all get to see how the coaches feel about Bersin and his potential. Between the guys already on the roster, I could see Bersin filling a nice role for us in the passing game.

• Pie 3

It was hard not to react harshly after the playoff loss to Seattle..thats just apart of what comes with losing any game..You begin to question EVERYTHING.. I do believe that the play where Bersin was the number one target, got jammed up, so Cam had to look the other way to Dickson and threw a pick 6, played a huge part in people having doubts about Bersin.. People STILL wonder why on earth he was the first option on that play..But i think those people were just so upset about the outcome of that play, that they over reacted.  They replayed that play in their mind over and over and tried to pick apart everything.  But the truth is...if Cam wouldnt have thrown that pick, that is a play that everyone would have completely forgotten about.  How often does Cam have to go to his 2nd and 3rd options?  Do we criticize the first option when that happens? No. Its just apart of football.  You cant always throw to your first option.  Especially against one of the best defenses in the game.

​I know he was still kind of a rookie but if he has the size and good route running ability he should have been able to fight that Jam, He will need to prove his spot on the roster during preseason and he could be our "Jordy Nelson"

i see him falling down on every fair catch over and over in my head...i'm sure he's talented but we already have a gang of big WR's so he seems redundant to me in that role. i just want the best players to play and if that's him so be it

Edited by RJK

​On any team, most people probably arent fans of the WRs who are past third on the depth chart.  I'd be interested to hear how many receptions and yards people think a WR4 should have..

Since he cant play ST, if he is as bad at getting separation as a lot of you think, it should be the easiest decision ever for the coaches to cut him...seems like a reasonable thought, right?

When youre talking about WR4s, you cant judge them like they are going to be a huge part of the offense.  They are guys that fill a very small specific role...  If Bersin can be a dependable guy that can move the chains on 3rd down every once in awhile, then thats about as much as you can expect from a WR4.  Anything more is just gravy.

If they are not going to be a part of the offense and not help special teams.. Then where is the benefit... 

bersin is earning his spot. 

Wow says we're  settling. 

Cause that's  what happens with competition. Right? 

STFU with that crap already.

He won competition last year that everybody says was the worst set of weapons we ever had..  We settled last year..  And if he wins a spot this year and still only has 13 rec and no help any where else on the team..  Then we need to bring in better competition.. 

If they are not going to be a part of the offense and not help special teams.. Then where is the benefit... 

​not a huge part of the offense, not a part of the offense. clear difference there.  most 4th/5th wrs just get 10-20 catches assuming the guys in front of them are atleast half way decent. Not to mention we arn't running 4 wr sets all game.Most 4th/5th receivers including him i assume will be on special teams,just not returning or the main gunner. Still helping though.

​not a huge part of the offense, not a part of the offense. clear difference there.  most 4th/5th wrs just get 10-20 catches assuming the guys in front of them are atleast half way decent. Not to mention we arn't running 4 wr sets all game.Most 4th/5th receivers including him i assume will be on special teams,just not returning or the main gunner. Still helping though.

We had injuries last year  and he got snaps..And I again I ask..  Why should he get a jersey if we  don't want him to start or help special teams and his contributions to the offense is little to nothing...