• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Kaminsky looking good in summer league

Jeremy Igo

Won't do much to convince the skeptics that he's any good as he's viewed as lacking upside. Makes sense he would start strong but then peter out over time as others are improving and he's already a finished product. 

Still it's good to see him hitting 3s. I wont lie, I'm salivating a bit over what he can do with MKG, Zeller and Kemba on the court with him.

No upside? Because he was a senior?

Pretty silly.

Take a look at the all time NBA greats, most were juniors or seniors. 

He's 22. I believe the oldest player drafted in the lottery this year. His game improved drastically while in college (leading some to believe he's peaked early,) he lacks fast-twitch play, has average wingspan and he's unathletic (aka white.)

I'm not saying that I believe he has little upside. This is just what Ive heard from scouts/scouting videos. I believe these same guys also said Steph Curry lacked upside when he was drafted.

He's 22. I believe the oldest player drafted in the lottery this year. His game improved drastically while in college (leading some to believe he's peaked early,) he lacks fast-twitch play, has average wingspan and he's unathletic (aka white.)

I'm not saying that I believe he has little upside. This is just what Ive heard from scouts/scouting videos. I believe these same guys also said Steph Curry lacked upside when he was drafted.

He's WHITE? 

ForPOJQ.gif

Scouts say he has less potential because theoretically a 19 year old has developed less physically and mentally. 

The issue is people tend to disregard how talented (or not) that same 19 year old is currently.

People fall in love with an athletic freak with no actual talent, just because he is young and athletic. Sure, he could develop into an elite player, but it is a complete crap shoot. His actual potential might have him end up where Frank is now.

Frank is 22 and shows an incredible skill level and feel for the game. I know it is a different game, but most football rookies are 21-23 and no one says they lack potential.

Frank will continue to mature physically for another 5 years or so, and I see him expanding mentally as well.

Will he improve as much as a guy like Myles Turner who is 19? Probably not...

...but then again, Frank is already "myles" ahead of Turner in his development.

Sorry for the pun, but it was too corny not to type...

Archived