• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

trashy unclassed falcons fan trying to say that matt ryan is better then cam

juliosantos

Cam made Lafell look good enough to get him flat-out paid (even though Lafell dropped more than a few passes that were on the money and would have been BIG plays).

Cam made Ginn look good enough to get him signed elsewhere when formerly, Ginn looked mediocre at best.

Cam made Corey Brown look like a pretty damn good receiver a few times last season...and it's not like Brown was a high draft pick or anything....

Cam made Brenton Bersin look competent as well...same story as Brown.

Cam was on the money enough with Smitty when he was here, but Smitty in his last season here looked like he had lost his passion and concentration. Dropping passes, soft running some routes, not able to make the big play as often. His issues with the FO here lead to him tearing it up last season in Baltimore.

Cam made Kelvin look like he's just a step away from being a top 10 receiver in the league, when most assumed he would struggle coming into the league.

Cam has reinvigorated Olsen's career here.

So when you tell me that Ryan elevates his guys, presumably implying that Cam doesn't, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

When your top 2 targets go down, next man up will put up numbers just because he's the next best. 

When you have no other receivers on the team, someone will put up numbers for being there. 

Isn't that the same kind of logic? 

Ginn was successful in SF. LaFell was successful in NE. Smitty looked great in BAL. 

Douglas signed with the Titans. Not even a good team wanted him.

No comparison.

When you have no other receivers on the team, someone will put up numbers for being there. 

Ginn was successful in SF. LaFell was successful in NE. Smitty looked great in BAL. 

No comparison.

Ginn was successful in SF.... when?

Certainly not his last year there.

LaFell did look pretty good last year. 

Smith came out and said he busted his butt to get into the best shape of the last 5 years just to prove the Panthers wrong (which is ironic since he was cut not for his play) 

You are arguing things in a vacuum and things don't happen in a vacuum.  

No comparison.

So what you're saying is Cam makes his guys look good enough for them to go get signed with good teams (Smith, Lafell), while receivers from Atlanta aren't desired by good teams and struggle with bad teams?

Good talk.

Also don't ignore that Olsen only looked "good" in Chicago. He is at least a top 3 TE in most people's minds since he has come to play with Cam.

Cam makes receivers...no, the whole team better. His teammates have said as much (Olsen I believe directly stated something to the effect of "Cam makes us all better. He's so gutsy and so motivated, even when things are bad. He lifts us up and makes plays for us when we let him down" (not directly quoting).

So...stfu.

I severely disagree. The Cincy game could have been a blow out but Cam almost led us to victory by himself. Of course, a massive TD drop and a missed FG took that moment away from him. There have been numerous games in the past where Cam makes something miraculous happen and then the defense or special teams blew it by not holding onto the lead. That isn't to say Cam hasn't been inconsistent himself but more often than not it's been Cam carrying the team.

I mean, 2013 was a perfect example too. Our defense was elite that season but they nearly cost us a few games that season too. Cam's heroics against Miami, New Orleans and New England highlighted Cam's ability to take over games.

Dude, all you have to know about Mr. Saint fan and how he feels about Cam is (1) he 98% likely an LSU fan, and (2) this:

So what you're saying is Cam makes his guys look good enough for them to go get signed with good teams (Smith, Lafell), while receivers from Atlanta aren't desired by good teams and struggle with bad teams?

Good talk.

Also don't ignore that Olsen only looked "good" in Chicago. He is at least a top 3 TE in most people's minds since he has come to play with Cam.

Cam makes receivers...no, the whole team better. His teammates have said as much (Olsen I believe directly stated something to the effect of "Cam makes us all better. He's so gutsy and so motivated, even when things are bad. He lifts us up and makes plays for us when we let him down" (not directly quoting).

So...stfu.

Nope. Those guys are nowhere near as bad as Douglas, as is evidenced by their success with other teams. 

What is Olsen supposed to say? "He's makes as all worse, fug that guy, I don't fug with him"

Nope. Those guys are nowhere near as bad as Douglas, as is evidenced by their success with other teams. 

What is Olsen supposed to say? "He's makes as all worse, fug that guy, I don't fug with him"

Let's look at just Brandon LaFell, as an isolated example.

His rookie season, he looked really, really bad. Didn't break 500 yards receiving, only 1 TD. Was expected to make much more of an impact than he did.

Cam is drafted the next year...and he suddenly becomes a pretty good option. 200 more yards than his rookie season, 3 times as many plays of 20+ yards, and a few TDs.

He played fewer games the following year...had better numbers.

Comparatively, he had more yards last year with NE...but his avg per catch was actually no better than the last season here with us. In all actuality, he really wasn't that much more productive in NE. In a system with arguably the greatest QB of our generation. He was targeted more in NE. That's it. He is not that great. Cam made him look like a solid enough receiver that NE looked at him and said "we want him". He got more targets thrown at him, but he was no more consistent or productive than he ever was here.

But Cam is better Overall.
How great of a passer would Ryan be if you swapped out Julio and Roddy for Kelvin and Jerricho Cotchery?

No disrespect to our receivers but over the past few years Cam has had only ONE actual receiver (Smitty or Kelvin). Olsen has been great too but he isn't a WR..

cam would have won a superbowl with roddy julio douglas and tony g 

I haven't seen this question yet...

Why is this guy unclassed?

did you see the end where he said matt ryans a better driver then cam and had a truck flipping over?

Eh. We have different memories. The arguments on both sides have basically flip flopped. I wouldn't care, because I have no dog in the fight. I think Ryan is a better QB. I think they're both pretty close as far as their impact on a team. Cam has the higher ceiling. 

This is another point I don't agree with. Cam doesn't take over games. It's the reason why the Panthers win when the defense plays well and more often than not, lose when he defense doesn't. The biggest turn around on the Panthers team last year was the defense. When they returned to dominant form, the Panthers won. 

Thats not a knock on Cam. Every QB needs help.

biggest turn around was our offensive line 

I severely disagree. The Cincy game could have been a blow out but Cam almost led us to victory by himself. Of course, a massive TD drop and a missed FG took that moment away from him. There have been numerous games in the past where Cam makes something miraculous happen and then the defense or special teams blew it by not holding onto the lead. That isn't to say Cam hasn't been inconsistent himself but more often than not it's been Cam carrying the team.

I mean, 2013 was a perfect example too. Our defense was elite that season but they nearly cost us a few games that season too. Cam's heroics against Miami, New Orleans and New England highlighted Cam's ability to take over games.

The NO game, the Saints scored 13 points. The Miami game, the Phins scored 16 points. Cam didn't play a good game in either. Him scoring the go ahead TD doesn't mean he took over the game. The defense was the reason they won those games. The Phins had a bunch of yards, but only had 13 first downs and 16 points. 

And yet, on those final drives, Cam made those crucial first downs with his arm and legs. Our slug offense isn't meant to outscore our opponents -- we play ball possession.

We were trailing in all of those games. And that's the point. Cam, alone, made outrageously clutch plays to give us those wins.

The Panthers aren't gonna score 40+ points. Not with our current personnel anyways. That said, when we need Cam to scramble for 20 yards, break tackle after tackle, deliver a 30 yard bomb, etc he takes the game over with his playmaking abilities. Oddly enough, that's when Shula and Rivera say "Fug it". Coincidence?

Ryan has how many in the last two seasons, again?

I thought so.

Without big time weapons and protection, Matt can't carry poo. Get back to me when you've got 4-5 UDFAs starting on the offensive side of the ball.

He's still got around five. Lol. You don't know what you're talking about.

Let's look at just Brandon LaFell, as an isolated example.

His rookie season, he looked really, really bad. Didn't break 500 yards receiving, only 1 TD. Was expected to make much more of an impact than he did.

Cam is drafted the next year...and he suddenly becomes a pretty good option. 200 more yards than his rookie season, 3 times as many plays of 20+ yards, and a few TDs.

He played fewer games the following year...had better numbers.

Comparatively, he had more yards last year with NE...but his avg per catch was actually no better than the last season here with us. In all actuality, he really wasn't that much more productive in NE. In a system with arguably the greatest QB of our generation. He was targeted more in NE. That's it. He is not that great. Cam made him look like a solid enough receiver that NE looked at him and said "we want him". He got more targets thrown at him, but he was no more consistent or productive than he ever was here.

I guess Ryan made Roddy White, because he was never good when Vick was here. Cross one name off of his "elite weapons list" then my man.

Archived