• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers - Patriots: 5 things I am looking for

Jeremy Igo

Corey Brown has had more clutch catches than any of the current receivers we have on the field now so I'm not too concerned about him as much as everyone else has been lately. 

Would be nice to see Funchess out there with the ones and getting some much needed reps if his hamstring is up to it of course.

Our defense has not looked like a top 10 defense which its capable of either.  So lets see if we get a glimpse of that tonight along with an actual pass rush.

Would also be nice to see Shaq on the field and him matching up against Gronk (if he takes the field) .. That will def be worth watching!  

I'm praying that the Panthers come out tonight and set the tone for the season early. I expect the Panthers to try to get the run game going early with Stewart and company and see what can this newly rebuilt offensive line can do. Tonight's game should be showcased as "The Rise of the #1 Receiver", I expect somebody to step up whether it's Funchess or Corey Brown to take on the role as the lead dog in this group tonight. Kelvin Benjamin isn't coming back this season, so expectations should be extremely high for someone to emerge from this group of receivers to showcase their talents against the defending super bowl champs. I expect Cam to make the right reads and deliver the ball on time and stay out of harms way.

I don't worry as much about the defense as I do with the offense but I am excited to see Shaq Thompson supplement himself into that already stout linebacker corp. I would like to see Kony Ealy build off his performance from last week and last season and get pressure on Brady and company. I'm also really excited to see how good this secondary can really become. I expect Josh Norman to continue to perform well and lock receivers up on the outside and this secondary to be active in the run and pass game tonight. Cheers to our first real test of the season!

Edited by Bj-Monster23

With 3 of our starting d lineman out I doubt you will see much pressure on the Pats qb.

Know star is out of course.  It's been verified that KK and CJ are both def. out?

Was wondering about this on the way to work.....must be game day.

Edited by dpm0409

What is this thing about the Panthers and Patsies not liking each other? I never got that feeling, though I would love it if Gettleman publicly showed some disdain for Belichick.

It is true, ever since the Superbowl loss. 

You won't hear about it publicly, but it is there and deep. 

• Pie 4

Not sure the O line will be improved this game although I think for the season they will be.  Kalil is out and Remmers is going to play some center tonight for the first time in the NFL.  Williams will get more snaps and he is a rookie with no NFL experience. Not sure how they will do tonight.

I hope that Boykin gets work with the 1s.  Honestly he and Ginn have looked the best so far.  I hope Funchess gets work if he is healthy.  He needs the work and has looked good in minimal play so far.as well  I will be interested in how many times we blitz or pressure Brady versus sit back in a zone shell and keep everything in front of us as Brady nickels and dimes us down the field.

Finally if Belicheck is gameplanning he will skew the defense to take something away from the offense which will likely be the run game by loading the box and daring Cam to throw the ball.  So I expect the passing game to look better than the running game honestly..

Edited by panthers55