• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who has the Advantage - Position Groups

Jackofalltrades

At this very moment

QB - Car (If Bortles progresses throughout the season, I'd say he is the better passer. Bortles can run pretty good, but I don't think anyone scrambles better than Cam.)
RB - Jax ( TJ Yeldon, Denard Robinson, Gerhart and Pierce are all going to see carries and stay fresh)
TE - Jax (Yes, Olsen is an elite TE that is better individually, but we have more depth with Marcedes, Harbor, and Jacobs. Individually, if Thomas was playing he's the better play-maker.)
WR - Jax (I think Allen Robinson and Hurns are better than Ginn and Philly Brown.)
OL - Car (Our LT is a liability)

DL - Car (Marks will probably be out, Fowler ACL, Branch is out.)
LB - Car (If Luke wasn't playing i'd say Jax because of Telvin Smith and Paul Posluszny.)
DB - Jax ( Aaron Colvin, Demetrius McCray and Davon House are very promising. Shutdown OBJ and Antonio Brown. Norman is good, but the rest is iffy for you guys.)

ST - Jax (Corey Grant is an UDFA and has Jeff Demps speed. Look for him in the return game)

lol, the TE, DB, RB ones had me laughing. He actually thinks that the Jags have an edge on us because they have depth? 

Our TE's are better, our DB's are better, The RB one could be a push because Stewart is never healthy. CAP, Wegher, and Fozzy are relative unknowns. They don't have MJD anymore so I'd say it's a push. I'm being generous here too. 

QB- Panthers

RB- Push (As mentioned above, I'm not going to give Stewart the Benefit of the doubt and the other guys that are unproven as well. They have potential but potential is a dangerous thing.)

WR- Jax, they just have a better corp than us. With KB I'd say push. Again, outside of Ginn, the rest are unknowns. They have a more established group.

TE- Carolina. There is no debate here.

OL- Carolina, slightly though, only because Oher has been a pleasant surprise, Kalil, Remmers, Turner, Oher, Williams, etc. 

DL - Carolina, Even with Star being out. Our front four are legit. They have a very decent front four though. 

LB - One name...Luke Kuechly. Best MLB in the game. If they think that  they are near the excellence Luke pisses every morning, they are delusional. Even WITHOUT Luke, they'd win. Thomas Davis, Klien, Mayo, Thompson, Jacobs. It's a stout unit. 

DB - Carolina. Don't get me wrong they have a good group of CB's and S's, ours are more experienced though. 

ST- Jags. Unless Ginn balls out, the Jags have us beat here. 

its got everything to do with how bad i think our WR corps is right now. 

Luckily our wrs dont line up against theirs and its not fantasy. How the wrs match up with secondaries is more relevant. How is their secondary? With our much better looking OL if they can give Cam time and open some lanes and dictate the game I am not too worried. At this point I am not concerned about their passing game against our defense. Are you?

Luckily our wrs dont line up against theirs and its not fantasy. How the wrs match up with secondaries is more relevant. How is their secondary? With our much better looking OL if they can give Cam time and open some lanes and dictate the game I am not too worried. At this point I am not concerned about their passing game against our defense. Are you?

I wouldn't just dismiss it either. The almost obvious is take the under which everyone will do and Vegas wins again. Points will get scored.

I wouldn't just dismiss it either. The almost obvious is take the under which everyone will do and Vegas wins again. Points will get scored.

Im certainly not dismissing it. But our wrs being a questionable unknown doesnt make their weak wr corp better against our defense which is our strength. 

As to match ups:

I think their QB will struggle against our DL and secondary. I cannot say the reverse.

Their OL will largely not be able to handle our front 7. I again can't say the reverse.

Their running backs will be stifled by our front 7. Yet again, I can't say the reverse.

Their wide receivers will struggle against our secondary, something I can say the reverse of.

Regardless of how the units might compare,the matchup should be lopsided in our favor.

Archived