• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who has the Advantage - Position Groups

Jackofalltrades

Qb - carolina

RB - carolina (although I do like Robinson, he's very shifty, runs hard, and is very smart for a RB).

WR- jacksonville

TE- Panthers (would be a push if Olsen was healthy)

o-line - panthers

d-line - push (star isn't 100%, still not sure about the right end)

linebackers - panthers are the best in the game, easy.

db's - panthers

Forgot special teams - jacksonville, we still can't cover kicks and punts.

Did this on the Jags site and I wanted to get your take. I'll reveal mine once there are a few replies here. Which team has the advantage at each position in your honest opinion? Count who is available Week 1.

I'll share some of their answers as well.

QB -
RB -
TE -
WR -
OL -

DL -
LB -
DB -

ST -

QB - Carolina: I don't think this one is up for debate [yet].

RB - Carolina: I think Stewart proved what he is capable of last season. He does that again, he's better than anything they have. But Yeldon and Robinson have the talent to be a good one-two punch. 

TE - Carolina: Olsen is one of the best tight ends. But a healthy Julius Thomas and Merecedes Lewis is a good duo. 

WR - Jacksonville: I like the look of Allen Robinson, he looks primed for a breakout year. Allen Hurns is a solid receiver and Marqise Lee has talent to be a good receiver if he can stay healthy. That trio is pretty good for them to build around and has a bright future. Whereas for us, Funchess is still learning, Corey is drop prone, Norwood is unknown at this time, and Ginn and Cotchery are nothing more than steady veterans. 

OL - Draw: Both are similar at this stage. I prefer our guards and center, but their tackles [potentially]. 

DL - Carolina: both teams have talent at this position, but I prefer our own. 

LB - Carolina: our trio is going to be immense this year. Kuechly and TD are two of the best in the league, and Shaq has shown a ton of potential. 

DB - Carolina: I think our secondary has the edge, though admittedly I don't know enough about the theirs to really go into depth.

ST - Carolina: we have the better kicker and punter, and we probably have the better returner as well. Overall we have the edge. 

QB - Carolina: I don't think this one is up for debate [yet].

RB - Carolina: I think Stewart proved what he is capable of last season. He does that again, he's better than anything they have. But Yeldon and Robinson have the talent to be a good one-two punch. 

TE - Carolina: Olsen is one of the best tight ends. But a healthy Julius Thomas and Merecedes Lewis is a good duo. 

WR - Jacksonville: I like the look of Allen Robinson, he looks primed for a breakout year. Allen Hurns is a solid receiver and Marqise Lee has talent to be a good receiver if he can stay healthy. That trio is pretty good for them to build around and has a bright future. Whereas for us, Funchess is still learning, Corey is drop prone, Norwood is unknown at this time, and Ginn and Cotchery are nothing more than steady veterans. 

OL - Draw: Both are similar at this stage. I prefer our guards and center, but their tackles [potentially]. 

DL - Carolina: both teams have talent at this position, but I prefer our own. 

LB - Carolina: our trio is going to be immense this year. Kuechly and TD are two of the best in the league, and Shaq has shown a ton of potential. 

DB - Carolina: I think our secondary has the edge, though admittedly I don't know enough about the theirs to really go into depth.

ST - Carolina: we have the better kicker and punter, and we probably have the better returner as well. Overall we have the edge. 

haha trust me Jacksonville fans will somehow argue that Bortles is better than Cam and that Bortles will take a huge step forward this year although he's more likely to be Blaine Gabbert 2.0

haha trust me Jacksonville fans will somehow argue that Bortles is better than Cam and that Bortles will take a huge step forward this year although he's more likely to be Blaine Gabbert 2.0

I wouldn't be surprised that they would argue that Bortles could be better than Cam. He has the potential to be a very good quarterback in the same bracket to which Cam resides [ie below the elite passers like Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Peyton]. 

Cam has been in the league four years and his accuracy is still below 60 pct. He still over throws his receivers and still makes the odd bad read when going through his progressions. Don't get me wrong, Cam is still the superior quarterback and has the higher ceiling of the two by far. But there are parts to Cam's game which still haven't been resolved that really should have been by now, and until they are, he will always continue to post similar stats and have a mid-80 QB rating. I still believe he can, and will, lead us to a Super Bowl. But at the same time, he will be one of those QBs who can frustrate at times.  

As for Bortles. He's improved his mechanics this off season, has a good arm, and decent mobility. If he can transfer his preseason form into regular season he could have a breakout year. I think he is going to be their franchise quarterback, though how good he will be is hard to say. He certainly has the talent and physical attributes to be a very good quarterback, but like Cam, he has parts of his game which will have to iron out if he wants to establish himself as an elite passing quarterback. 

Overall, I believe Cam will have the better, more successful career than Bortles. The Jags can be proud of their quarterback, but he's not better than our own, and I don't foresee that happening.  

Archived