• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After the bye...predictions on the upcoming storm

Jmac

We'll need a major turnover edge to beat Seattle and GB right now.  And Cam has to continue his level of play from the last couple of weeks. Hopefully 1-3 at the absolute worst, but 2-2 should be expected.  Anything above that is gravy. 

Basically, lose to GB, I can understand it.  Losing to Seattle, will be frustrating.  Losing to Philly will leave me angry.  Losing to the Colts?  I'll be downright pissed. 

At TB - W - (31 - 13)

At Sea - W - (21 - 20)

Philly - W - (27 - 17)

Indy - W - (24 - 20)

GB - W - (16 - 13)

At Tenn - W (34 - 13)

Wash - W (24 - 10)

At Dallas - W (31 - 23)

At NO - W (24 - 20)

ATL - W (42 - 20)

At NYG - W (27 - 17)

At ATL - W (24 - 17)

TB - W (30 - 10)

16-0 fools

The realist in me, however, was kind of surprised at how we let a backup QB come out and play a pretty damn spotless game against us.

If we are going to be good (I'm talking elite/playoff good,) we have to stomp the bad teams. We should get 3 more chances at that this year in our division alone (NO, TB, TB) (we should come out 3-0 in these games)

Tennessee, Washington, and Dallas could all be lesser tier QB games. I've long considered Romo to be terrible when it boils down to it, and I honestly don't care whether he is back or not by Thanksgiving. That game is a W to me because they won't run on us like they do most teams and because I have faith that we match up well against their offense and defense. Who knows how Mariota will be at that point, and he nor Cousins terrify me. (3-0 in this group)

Atlanta, in my opinion, are just plain getting lucky right now. If we can stop their run game and cover Julio we should be okay. But let's just say we split with them (1-1)

That puts us at 10-1.

I put Andrew Luck and Eli Manning on the same level right now. Either could have a good game or a bad game week in and week out. Both have average to below average defense and offensive supporting casts. Say we split these games for pessimistic purposes (1-1)

Philly doesn't scare me because: Sam Bradford. They could surprise us, but I call this one a W on the back of the D. (1-0)

GB and SEA will be our toughest tests. TBQH I think we match up well enough to beat both, but I will say we split these two too. (1-1)

13 - 3 if we play like the team we are.

It can go downhill fast, though, if we play all the games how we played yesterday.

we're about to go grind style like 2013 49ers and NE. no matter who is playing for us, no matter who they have, we will grind til its over. Cam has become adept at making the game winning drives and that is all that is really required of him. i would say GB could be a blow out if we have injures on D or a bad night, but i think with no jordy our CBs can manage the back end and keep it close.

Seattle will be tough but I believe we can win if we keep it close at the end and convert field goals to touchdowns. Right now it's 50 50. We SHOULD beat the eagles and Colts but we need to get a better pass rush than yesterday If we want to effect the Colts especially. But I see those being a 75% chance we win. And then GB will be the hardest like everyone says. We need to be flawless to win. But go back and watch the 2011 game. Different team but still lead by Cam. We started out strong and slowed down in the second half letting Rogers catch up. If we put the petal to the metal and don't slow up on offense we can win that game. But I say we have the hardest time beating GB

Really looking forward to this 4 game stretch.  It's no secret the Panthers were dealt a cupcake opening schedule to start the year.  4-0 is looking very possible, and makes the Bucs game a must win.

Panthers are long overdue to beat Seattle, but playing them in their house is the hardest win to get.  Hopefully after the bye the Panthers come out with some moxie, getting some healthy players back in the fold.  A win @Seattle says this team is for real and a Superbowl contender.  A loss isn't the end of the world, but says we're still not ready to go up there and beat them.  And we all know we could be heading to Seattle again in the playoffs.  They started off slow last year too, and could be gaining steam by the time the Panthers play them.  One of the games I looked at on the schedule and said "Yea we will probably lose that one."

The Eagles game will be tougher than some are thinking, but it's obvious the Eagles aren't the same explosive team as they were the past two years.  Their defense is still pretty good, but the offense is simple and easy to stop. Panthers defense will need to step up, but this one is looking like a very winnable game.

Monday Night vs. the Colts, one of my favorite games on the schedule this year.  Andrew Luck has long been crowned the "up-and-coming/heir apparent" QB in the NFL.  It's Cam's turn to show him what's what.  Colts look lost this year - defense is struggling, Luck is playing like garbage.  They play the Saints the week before they play the Panthers, so they could be coming off a big blowout win.  Panthers haven't played well in primetime in their history, but I think Cam, in the middle of a career year, will show up to play.  Can the defense knock Luck off his game?  That'll be the key to the game.

The Packers, regardless if you play them at home or on the road, are one of the toughest teams to play.  Aaron Rodgers is in God mode again this year and SHREDDED the Panthers secondary last season up at Lambeau.  After facing two pass-happy offenses in a row, the Panther secondary could be gassed by this point.  But the Panthers get a break and catch the Packers on consecutive road trips, playing @Denver on Sunday Night Football the week before.  This is a tough game, but very winnable because of the Panthers will be playing their third home game in a row.  Panthers could win an upset here.

We will know if the Panthers are a contender or pretender after these 4 games.  Starting 4-0 and dropping 4 straight against tough competition would show us the Panthers just benefited from an easy early schedule.  

Seattle and Green Bay are guaranteed losses, I say we are 4-4 at mid point of the season. I feel good about the Titans and Redskins and a split with the Falcons and sweep of the Saints and Bucs.. 9-7

what has Seattle shown this season that should guarantee a win against anyone? I say we beat the Hawks handily. We beat the colts, philly, and give the packs a run for the money.

3-1 at worse, 4-0 If lightning strikes with GB.

How about some HONEST input on how YOU think this team will fare after the bye. Seattle, Eagles,  Colts. And Packers. After that the Falcons twice. Every game besides these are never a given with our beloved Panthers. Now that you have a three game sample of what we have and the injuries that have befallen us.....what do you think?

4-0 optimistic view if defense is in top notch form but we will go 3-1 with a close loss to GB.

what has Seattle shown this season that should guarantee a win against anyone? I say we beat the Hawks handily. We beat the colts, philly, and give the packs a run for the money.

3-1 at worse, 4-0 If lightning strikes with GB.

Seattle is about as much as a guaranteed loss as it gets.. Let's see, under Rivera we are 0-5 after a bye and 0-4 against Seattle, 3 of those losses on our home turf.. Seattle is damn near undefeated at home and we have them on their home turf after a bye..

We ain't winning that game, it's that simple. 

Seattle is about as much as a guaranteed loss as it gets.. Let's see, under Rivera we are 0-5 after a bye and 0-4 against Seattle, 3 of those losses on our home turf.. Seattle is damn near undefeated at home and we have them on their home turf after a bye..

We ain't winning that game, it's that simple. 

You're right.  Someone should tell the players to just stay home.

Archived