• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If You Are Unsure What Carolina is Getting With Jared Allen...

chknwing

Best motor of any defensive lineman over the past decade. Arguably the best DE over that period.

An overachieving football player that loves the game and never quits. 

Could you imagine Allen's heart inside Peppers body back in the day? I mean damn.

I'm so pumped that he is a Panther.

totally greed. peppers had more talent, but never came close to giving what allen gave and gives every game. i think we'll see a return to his being a force on the field by putting him back in his natural position and with the guys we have on this team. that comment earlier about allen being a walking corpse is a joke. allen was the only guy with any life on that team. john fox is the perfect fit for that team. no heart. 

I can't remember a Panthers "in-season" trade I have been more excited about!  Maybe since Rocket Ismail in '96, but even he took a couple seasons to get good and then left for Dallas.  I think Jared Allen will be a nice stopgap and partner with CJ until we can find our next 2 bookends (don't think they're currently on the roster).  Here's hoping he can give us a couple great years!

He will lead the team in sacks at year's end, watch what I tell you....

lots of of good points in previous posts, lack of playing on a winning team, pneumonia prior to weight loss/decline, 43DE to a 34OLB, 454 motor, his attitude, all seem to be in our favor... Always wanted to see him in a Panther jersey, it's on now....

should this team do their normal, and get hot late in the season, it ain't gonna be nice come December for whoever we play.... Ryan has already put 2 more pants on his Christmas list.....

Yeah and two years ago he was two years younger.

I'm aware Chicago runs a 3-4 now but Allen isn't getting any younger.

How about we see how a 36 yr. old WR named Smith is doing this season? And Allen, according to Gross, has never depended on speed or strength, just technique. His talent is playing up front, getting in the backfield and making plays. He's not an OLB.

Allen may bring more than just his individual ability to the Panthers.  He was one of the first NFL players to train with Glazer at his MMA school almost 10 years ago.  He's attributed much of his success to these training methods.  Hopefully, he can get our other DL to buy into some of these techniques.

Pretty excited to see him playing for the Panthers.  Will he play vs Tampa?

Without a doubt. Other than the occasional stunt or drop into coverage a DE does basically the same thing on every play. Rush the passer if it's a pass or set the edge if it's a run. He doesn't really need to learn anything and he's in shape since he's played in the last 3 games for the Bears.

How about we see how a 36 yr. old WR named Smith is doing this season? And Allen, according to Gross, has never depended on speed or strength, just technique. His talent is playing up front, getting in the backfield and making plays. He's not an OLB.

"Allen was never about the bull rush. He is a speed rusher who has a great motor. The problem is, and I've watched every second of his time with Chicago, he simply can't get to the QB anymore. He's not fast enough. Even after his illness was over and he was back to full strength, he wasn't the man he used to be. Dude got old. It happens. It was a MASSIVE swing and a miss by Emery to sign him to a big contract like he did."

"Have ANY of you watched a Bears game this year? Allen has done exactly JACK fuging poo since he was signed in Chicago. I've been raging about this dude's play since the first week or 2 of last year. He does this thing where he runs into the LG and kinda leans on him while doing jack fuging poo. He does that 20-25 times a game. His speed rush is no longer fast enough."

"In 19 games with Chicago, he has 5.5 sacks. It took him 7 fuging games last year before he got a single half a sack. Seven straight games with 0 impact."

Seems a bit worrying to me.

He is a speed rusher 

Who says? Don't see a source for your quote. I'm going by Gross, who should know, that he's not a speed rusher. As for getting back to full strength after pneumonia, have another 'who says?' At any rate, we'll find out what he's got left, and meanwhile I'd rather be optimistic about the new guy.

Archived