• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

THE UNDERRATED PANTHERS

juliosantos

The biggest/luckiest thing I have seen Seattle's offense do, and over the course of a couple years, is make something out of nothing. Wilson makes his biggest plays on busted plays. 40 yard bombs when the protection breaks down and he has to scramble. You can't really plan for that but we have to be in the right places, if there is such a thing.

The biggest/luckiest thing I have seen Seattle's offense do, and over the course of a couple years, is make something out of nothing. Wilson makes his biggest plays on busted plays. 40 yard bombs when the protection breaks down and he has to scramble. You can't really plan for that but we have to be in the right places, if there is such a thing.

they almost dont even need an OC, they are the definition of playground style offense. RW is good at improvising because he can hardly run a play the way its supposed to be run.

The Panther hatred in the media is something that I have been trying to figure out. Like the media doesn't hate the Jaguars. They don't hate other small market southern teams. When the Jags were good they were picked in the media many times to beat the Colts with Payton Manning in his prime. The media gushed over the Jags. Even now when we played the Jags, who have not had a good team since since George W Bush was in office, were picked by many experts to beat the Panthers. It's not a small market southern team issue.

A member of NFL.com's staff outright called our entire franchise "lousy" right before the start of this season, and said we would have a "lousy season". What did he say about the Jags in the same episode? He said they had a really good WR, and that they were getting better.

I want to point out how the media deals with the Panthers when we're winning. They pump up Cam Newton, and take as big of a dump as they possibly can on our franchise and team. Love Cam, but can't stand the Panthers. Cam should be MVP, but the Panthers team is garbage. fug the 4-0 Panthers, oh but we love Cam. The Panthers are the worst 4-0 team in the NFL, but Cam is wonderful. That's when we're winning. fug me. Now when we're losing the gloves come off. Now we're expected to lose every game no matter the opponent, and our losses are Panther related, not Cam related. We lose, the Panthers are the losers, we win, Cam is the winner, but the Panthers are still hot garbage. And that's if they even talk about our team at all. Now some people are pointing out that a few sports writers are bucking the trend and saying nice things about our team. Great. Why? One way to draw attention to your sports articles is simply by saying something different from the rest of the crowd. So out of self interest these few sports writers are going the unique route with their Panther articles. The trend is to trash our team, and disrespect all of our players and coaches except Cam Newton. Why? I've been thinking about it and I can't figure it out. What did the Panthers do that was so wrong?

they almost dont even need an OC, they are the definition of playground style offense. RW is good at improvising because he can hardly run a play the way its supposed to be run.

True. I literally hate to say this, but I think he is a good QB but he is not slurp-worthy like the media makes him out to be. He/they are the luckiest pieces of poo out there.

On the discussion about the run game and whether we should consider Cam's contribution to it:  our run game is BAD.  I don't think there's any other way to put it.  I'd concede Cam's designed runs should be considered, but most of his run yards come from busted plays/scrambles.

Except....  Cam seems to thrive on it.

Running seems to energize him and I think he plays all-around better after he's had a good run or two.  I admit this is just an impression.  I've not done any research on it, but Cam seems to have a higher gear that he clicks into once he's fired up from running.

Sure it works with Cam behind center, but what happens if he gets hurt and is less mobile, or worse, DA has to take over. He's perfectly capable of being a good QB, but he doesn't present the same problem for defenses. I guarantee that Carroll isn't happy that Wilson is their leading rusher.

By the way, Jim Rome went way out of his way to give Carolina props on his radio show.

To paraphrase: "There's a lot of negative stories in the NFL right now, but one positive thing no one is talking about: The Carolina Panthers. No one wants to give them any credit, but I think what they are doing is amazing. Cam Newton is throwing to guys named Philly Brown and Brenton Bersin. Josh Norman is killing it at DB. And when Carolina goes to Seattle and wins, the rest of the country will wake up and join the bandwagon. They are one of my favorite teams right now."

Phe

nominal

We have played some of the worst teams in the NFL so there is that. We have some games coming up that can up the media credibility. That said the Panthers can only play the next team on the schedule and are a better team than people think.

SMDH!

We played these Falcons 4 regular season games ago!  It was in their dome, with the division and playoffs on the line, IT MATTERED!  Yes a few pieces have changed, they have a new HC, but this is the same core group of players that lined up against us in December.  We woodshed beat them 34-3, the superiority on that day was undeniable.  

So the Falcons are 4-0, we're 4-0 back to back division champs and the last time we played we spanked their ass in a game that mattered in their house.  Where exactly have they gotten better other than their record?

you played the falcons months ago, not 4 weeks

The Panther hatred in the media is something that I have been trying to figure out.

It's not hate, just disrespect and mostly due to our history. We've had 5 double digit seasons in the win column and the rest have been .500 or under. We're perceived as an organization that wins once in a while despite ineptitude in the FO, and that's been true to an extent. 

You have to play your way to respect as an organization and we're still in the process. We now have the best management we've ever had, as far as putting together a team that can hold up over time, but it's going to take consistent winning to change media perception. 

Archived