• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Walking Dead Season 6

JJman Returns

I get the plan and it's intended purpose, but it really wasn't the greatest of plans. Better idea, find a way to topple on of those semis on the ramps to make a blockade, then dig out a 15 foot trench behind it, so if it ever did give and walkers got beyond it, they'd still have to go up a steep incline, which they can't. Both sides sloped to where they're just tumbling down into it. Could do it in a couple of days with limited risk, if you brought lookouts along to keep the work crew safe. Wouldn't burn them all in the quarry though. Fire that big, with the smoke, would be bad. Any other large groups looking to loot would see it and be brought fairly close to Alexandria. Which is why the flares were stupid. If you're going to shoot them, shoot them low so they don't go over the trees. Or find a better way to get the walkers to get off of the wall and moving down the road. Why not throw up more pikes before they get to the wall? Reinforces the wall, and keeps them from advancing into the wall, save for a few that may squeeze through a crack?

Overall, not a bad episode. I love the black and white in flashback because it reminds me of the comic. Nice touch, IMO.

Pacing was drawn out because the underlying theme for the episode was Rick's leadership, who he is going to be, and how the rest of the community is taking to him. Morgan is clearly Rick's conscience, and it will become Rick v. Morgan by midseason. Morgan is trying to get Rick to not go over the edge with extreme measures and thinking. It's working somewhat. Rick seems more like he's trying to be a leader in the community and less like a man wanting a hostile takeover. I'm guessing that what probably happens by midseason is Alexandria takes a big hit, Morgan and a bunch in Alexandria die under Morgan and Deanna's leadership, and Rick and Co. save the day. Afterwards, Deanna tells Rick that he's running things now because trying to do it any other way has lead to bad results. Possible segway into the next "big bad" villain after the Wolves.

Next week looks like it's going to focus more on the rest of Alexandria back home dealing with a problem. Something or someone got in. Probably a bit of both. I'm banking on the alarm being somebody from town calling for help. I think we'll be set in Alexandria and not focused on Rick and his team until the end of the episode (ideally, anyway). Have the start of the episode seem mundane, little disposition until the first commercial, then let poo hit the fan. I'm thinking it's the Wolves first attack on Alexandria. Mainly with walkers as the weapon. They break a part of the fence, pour them in, and get inside themselves on an opposing end. The sneak peak shows somebody who looks like they shot in the stomach, not bit, that's why I'm saying that. I think Rick and the rest show up in the nick of time to help clean house and restore order, with the Wolves retreating. Then you have Rick go hyper-vigilant and seem "dangerous" to the others, thus inciting Morgan's push for Deanna to follow his lead in dealing with Rick.

In that context it makes a lot more sense...  I have never really read them...

You should. Just to give you an idea on pacing, issue #70 is the start of the Alexandria arc. They're on issue 147 as of tomorrow. So, it won't take long to blow through the comics and get to where we are in showtime. Also, there are some deviations in the comic to the show. The story of the comic is just better, period. Art gets better as you go along, so don't let the first 20 issues discourage you if you start reading them. Seriously don't know why people don't read the comic. It's amazing.

I enjoyed the episode, but yeah the whole "lead a herd of zombies to somewhere" plot is a little contrived...   I can't think how they would think that's a good idea.  How long would it have taken to just go down there and start picking them off one by one, maybe a week or two to kill them all...

I thought the B&W thing was a tad insulting tbh...  I can figure out myself when it's a flashback and when it's not...

I felt the same way.  It was as if the director had watched American History X the night before and thought, "that gives me an idea."  Problem is that there it served a purpose beyond letting the slower viewers know where they were in the timeline

You should. Just to give you an idea on pacing, issue #70 is the start of the Alexandria arc. They're on issue 147 as of tomorrow. So, it won't take long to blow through the comics and get to where we are in showtime. Also, there are some deviations in the comic to the show. The story of the comic is just better, period. Art gets better as you go along, so don't let the first 20 issues discourage you if you start reading them. Seriously don't know why people don't read the comic. It's amazing.

Also, I think the 3rd compendium came out yesterday... I am heading to Barnes and Noble this weekend to get one. If anyone wants to catch up on the comics and get ahead, the compendiums are great. If you get all three, you can read up through comic issue 144.

I think the horn was Pete's kid because he is a useless little shithead. 

This was my thought as well. The kid is fuged in the head after Rick killed his Dad and now wants to move in on Mom. I don't recall but I wonder if he witnessed Rick offing his old man. Seemed like the majority of the town was out there at the time.

Just caught up and watched the show. Rick said the plan was to just lead them 20 miles down the road away from Alexandria. Seriously? I get that the imminent collapse of the cliff under the truck is what prevented other more time consuming plans but that plan to just unleash them on whatever is 20 miles west is pretty silly.

To me the emotional basis of the show is how people deal with PTSD. The literal living hell that they are living would have such a psychological effect on people that how the characters deal with the horror and remain human (or don't) is the compelling drama. How it changes you and your reaction to it is what drives each character.

Look no further than Carol vice Gabriel for opposite ends of the spectrum.

Nobody talking about this episode yet? Everybody still riding the victory high?

Pretty crazy episode. One of the more brutal ones that I can recall. I am just wondering where the rest of Rick's group from the season premiere is. Morgan showed up, but where is literally EVERYBODY else? Did Morgan get sent back alone to investigate, or did Rick just say "screw it, stay on mission" and Morgan went back on his own? 

Next week, from the preview clip, makes me think that some of the herd started moving towards the town while another chunk was moving down the path. Meaning Daryl, Sasha and Abraham are going to be out there while Rick and the others move back towards town to ward off the remaining walkers. Should be intense enough. I just want to see how it goes down in Alexandria once everybody gets back. How they move forward from there after the attack. Don't think we'll see that answered for a couple of weeks.

What a brutal episode, I can't believe they get this on TV.  Carol was a beast and Morgan is super annoying.  Carl actually wasn't stupid and manned up, so props, just needs a hair cut.  

Did anyone notice the guy at the end recognized Morgan?  Did he run with these guys?  I'm not sure, but they are kind of ruining the character was cool in the comics.  

Not sure where Rick was, unless they got stuck fighting more wolves or what.   Shooting those flares out should get him immediately fired as Ricktator though lol.

One thing is for sure, Carol's housewife act is up now lol.

Archived