• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron and the Panthers Locker Room

brainless wuss

Thought this was interesting.  First it's on the Panthers and secondly its from the Wall Street Journal of all places. I don't know how different the Panther's locker room is from other teams, but I suspect it depends upon whether their coaches ever played in the NFL.  Also gives me a glimpse of locker room dynamics.  Sounds like D-Will was a good presence for the most part.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-coach-who-wont-leave-the-locker-room-1444755991

I don't like this. Players aren't supposed to be buddy-buddy with the coach. Was Ditka buddy-buddy with his players? The playersr should be intimidated by their coach.

When he coached the Cowboys, Jimmy Johnson would sometimes cut a guy just to prove a point to the guy. He was an asshole around his team. They were scared and had to toughen up.

But when the Cowboys won two Super Bowl titles, they carried him off the field. They loved him for it.

If this article is true, how is a player supposed to show discipline the coach is hamming it up and talking about puppies? Would Parcells do this? Would Bill Belichick? Did Bill O'Brien do that during Hard Knocks?

You are trying too hard and it is not even thinly veiled anymore.  Your John Kilgo act ain't cutting it.

I don't like this. Players aren't supposed to be buddy-buddy with the coach. Was Ditka buddy-buddy with his players? The playersr should be intimidated by their coach.

When he coached the Cowboys, Jimmy Johnson would sometimes cut a guy just to prove a point to the guy. He was an asshole around his team. They were scared and had to toughen up.

But when the Cowboys won two Super Bowl titles, they carried him off the field. They loved him for it.

If this article is true, how is a player supposed to show discipline the coach is hamming it up and talking about puppies? Would Parcells do this? Would Bill Belichick? Did Bill O'Brien do that during Hard Knocks?

your can't be serious?

Lol you're not even funny anymore, gtfo

I repeat, that was a good article, very well written. 

Anyone that thinks Ron can't be a disciplinarian, when warranted, has not watched, even casually a Panthers game since Ron got here.

Now that I think of it, I think I am going to go over to hawksnest.com and register as RahRahSeattle and see if I can get the same reaction. 

While I'm not the biggest fan of it myself, it does make Ron a well-liked coach. In turn, his players are ready to march to the gates of hell for him. It's a similar philosophy that my former boss took. She could have been a total dick but she was a sweet heart on most days and she genuinely cared about her staff. We rallied behind her everyday and busted our asses for her.

was she hawt?

WTF do you know about what a locker room should be like. Tell it to TD.

Archived