• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Return of the Chud

PntherPryd

Actually, contrary to popular belief, Miami has had solid recruiting classes BUT the coaching staff has SUCKED. 

And the stadium situation is pretty rough. Plus it's a small private school that hasn't really reached out for local support. It is very much a national brand without full local support. The school is mostly interested in being an actual academic institution. I know. I know. Morons.

Chuck wanted Chud to be the OC the GM wanted Pep...that fight is what started the issues in their relationship. now its looks like Chuck is going to get fired and Chud may take his place in the short term. thats till Chud goes back to the canes to be the Head Coaches because the old players love him.

PPG:

Chud: 23.8

Shula: 22.5

Chud averaged a whopping 1.3 points more than Shula currently is as Carolina's OC. And Chud had far superior offensive talent to work with. Why do people think he's some amazing offensive guru? 

Take a look at my post again.  When he's "not" going full retard he "can" put together "some" offense.

Now, where in that did you see a Shula comparison or an out right claim that Chud is an all world OC?

PPG:

Chud: 23.8

Shula: 22.5

Chud averaged a whopping 1.3 points more than Shula currently is as Carolina's OC. And Chud had far superior offensive talent to work with. Why do people think he's some amazing offensive guru? 

This current offensive line is the best we've had in the Cam/Rivera era and possibly one of our best in the history of our franchise. Games are won in the trenches.

This current offensive line is the best we've had in the Cam/Rivera era and possibly one of our best in the history of our franchise. Games are won in the trenches.

And we haven't even thoroughly integrated Williams yet.

And I'd be willing to bet someplace in the first 3 rounds next year DG picks another tackle.

chuds a great coach i dont get the hate for him on here id take him anyday over shula 

There are so many more aspects to coaching than x's and o's.  

By all reports Chud was not personable, was not a leader and had a huge Igo (oops).  Doesn't matter if he's a genius or not because Head Coaches have to be politicians and leaders and game managers also.

He lost the players here and lost the players in Cleveland.

Steve Wilks is the assistant head coach here, not Skipper.  Skipper does seem to serve as a time guy and helps Rivera with that type stuff.  

Chud's great at drawing up stuff for the average down.  But he's a guy who, here at least, was great at making something happening on first or second down, but didn't have any regard for third down or keeping a long drive going.  He didn't have a connection with his units and it's because we had good position coaches it didn't fall apart. 

The rift between Grigson and Pagano over the OC was part of their overall power struggle - and in the struggle not enough gets done.  Fine by me because I'm all about beating the Colts to a pulp but it shows why working together as a team matters more than showing someone else who the boss is.  

Chud's candidacy at UM is no different than what Shula's was in Alabama (a reason people who gripe about Shula's lack of success, during sanctions, as an unlikely candidiate outside of being a bigtime alum, are short sighted, he was doomed anyway).  If he's smart he won't take it, but after you wash out in one year and players are bad mouthing you to the press in a good situation like Carolina's, I don't know if you're worried about building a resume anyway. 

Steve Wilks is the assistant head coach here, not Skipper.  Skipper does seem to serve as a time guy and helps Rivera with that type stuff.

You're right. It was during his first stint here with Fox that he was asst HC.

Point remains that the title of asst HC doesn't necessarily mean the guy is #2 on the staff.

Archived