• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The one clip I can't get enough of watching on repeat...

ThinkAboutIt

6 hours ago, KendrickPanther said:

Must be sad having that much anger all the time. 

Not at all.

Some of you (obviously conservative idiots) have been brainwashed into just accepting your plight like a good soldier. I see everything in terms of how it can be improved, and it's not a crime to admit that the Panthers are one reliable playmaker at WR from being a more legitimate Super Bowl threat. Whether or not Gettleman goes out and gets one doesn't change that fact.

I'm right about this just like I was about how Cam would be better if you make him a Captain, and he'll elevate his game if you go ahead and pay him. The same fools running their mouths now disagreed then, disagreed about Carolina's line being a big problem last year, and always disagree with every viewpoint that doesn't just always trust the suits' decisions.

I'm so glad Gettleman FINALLY did those other things some of us wanted that most of you argued against. And being right doesn't mean I "need to be the GM." If your brain goes there, then you prove yourself to be a troglodyte. And I'm right about WR.

Have the thread. I've said all I need to say.

11 minutes ago, ThinkAboutIt said:

Some of you (obviously conservative idiots)

lol hahaha.

some of us just know what Ginn is and are tired of worrying about it.  he drops balls he shouldn't.  everybody, from gettleman to ginn himself, knows he does this poo.  nobody is happy with it, but that isn't going to change who he is.

we won, there were a dozen plays we could have won earlier on.  Ginn made some plays that also kept us in the game.

I stood up (more light jumped up), knowing if he came down with the ball thengame was over!!!!

It simply amazes me to no end that Ted Ginn can catch the hard ones, and drop ones like that. That is why he will NEVER be a complete receiver. 

Love ya Ted Ginn, but I'm not going to sugarcoat the fact that you should have had that catch & TD.

1 hour ago, Zaximus said:

This fanbase is completely OK with a division title and nothing else.  That is the issue.  They don't look toward a deeper playoff run.  It'll get better with time hopefully.

No. It's just that there are steps to getting to the Super Bowl & we know it. Step 1 is winning the next/current game. Step 2 is winning the division which, btw, gets us to the playoffs. Duh. Step 3 is winning in the playoffs . Etc to the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying Ginn is our ultimate answer to winning. And I don't know what Gettleman is doing about WR. As part of this fanbase, I choose to see what we have right now. Doesn't mean I can't complain or celebrate but I'm not gonna stress over what I can not change.

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I was pissed at Ginn too when he dropped it. Still who else was getting open like that? Too bad they outlawed stickum. Ginn could use that for sure.

The problem was that he did not look the ball in. Isn't that catching 101? Got to get the fundamentals right.   Ginn missed another catchable ball during regulation...I think the 1st half. Olen's drop in the 1st half was also disappointing. Cam is playing better than his stat line. 

1 minute ago, ladypanther said:

The problem was that he did not look the ball in. Isn't that catching 101? Got to get the fundamentals right.   Ginn missed another catchable ball during regulation...I think the 1st half. Olen's drop in the 1st half was also disappointing. Cam is playing better than his stat line. 

I have been  thinking about this. When he catches a punt return he is facing the ball and is stationary. When he catches a ball as a receiver he is moving and often catching the ball over his head. Seems they must be different because he rarely muffs a punt yet he drops passes too often. He really needs to work on the fundamentals so it is automatic. 

25 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

22 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I have been  thinking about this. When he catches a punt return he is facing the ball and is stationary. When he catches a ball as a receiver he is moving and often catching the ball over his head. Seems they must be different because he rarely muffs a punt yet he drops passes too often. He really needs to work on the fundamentals so it is automatic. 

This is true. However, Ginn,just has to make sure he catches the ball first, then run.

He tries to run with the ball before he completely catches it, thinking he needs to do this to out run the defender behind him.

Note: He claims he lost the balls in the lights.

Ginn, doesn't understand, it's more important to catch the ball first (caught from behind by the defender "Be Damned"), not realizing his natural momentum will keep him in front of the defender until he can Kick In the after burners. He's too fast not to run away from the defender in those scenarios.

Of course, it's even worse when he drops balls with no one in the vicinity.

Just now, FootballMaestro said:

This is true. However, Ginnan,just has to make sure he catches the ball first, then run. He tries to run with the ball before he completely catching it, thinking he needs to do this to out run the defender behind. He doesn't understand it's more important to catch the ball first (caught or not), and that his natural momentum will keep him in front of the defender until he can kick the after burners in. He's too fast not to run away.

Of course, this is no excuse when he drops a ball with no one around him.

I remember Steve Smith saying the hardest ball to catch is when you are all alone  and no one is around you. I bet the same applies to being 5 yards ahead of the defender with a ball going right into your arms. I am glad we have Ginn.  But as you said he just has to make those catches.

Archived