• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm waiting, Carolina.

SmootsDaddy89

Cowher?? No thanks. He would change the team to 4-3 & Beason wouldn't fit with that. Not to mention he would want way too much power & money.

Plus, it took him 10 yrs. to get a Superbowl trophy. I sure as hell don't want to wait 10 yrs. after next season to get one. His only Superbowl win with the Steelers has a lot of questions based on how the refs did their job. You can be good with one team, but can suck with a different one. Cowher may be the best with the Steelers, but that doesn't always mean it will translate with a different team.

Im getting freaking sick of all this. IT WAS ONE GAME. Ya'll are forgetting the Eagles are a very good team that is consistently competing for the playoffs. Plus, you have to remember that they played that game in memory of JJ, especially the defense. You don't think that inspired them to give it a little extra??

So yeah, the Eagles made us look bad, but we looked bad at times last year, and so did Jake (Oakland, regular season. We all know about Arizona) and we've turned it around. So did Jake.

Please lets go at least until the bye before we start declaring the franchise ruined and the season over. A couple more games, see how we perform, and then freak out afterwards if need be. Am I happy with what I saw yesterday? HELL NO. But everyone in the league right now is either 1-0 or 0-1. Deal with it.

Gawd I should copy and paste this in pretty much every thread on the board right now. I'm just as uneasy about the seasons direction as you all, but lets wait and see. Just a couple games. Then we can call for Fox's head and Jake's nuts on a platter.

Psst.. Pantherdude, we're running the 4-3 now. I think you mean switch to a 3-4 with Cowher.

And I'm one who doesn't like the thought of Cowher coming here. If, and this is a huge if, Fox is replaced, I'd rather it be with an up and comer, like Jason Garrett. This team is too conservative, and I think a lot of our problems would be solved by bringing in fresh blood that's younger and aggressive.

Btw, I'm not on the fire Fox bandwagon either.. but if it does happen, I'd like to see a complete changing of the guard.

No numbnutz.

Fox directs the playcalling.

On both sides of the ball.

Not every play.

But he filters everything.

Pretty obvious. Only thing they agree on smoots is running the ball effective. But I definitely believe without Fox over top of him he would open up the playbook much more

Psst.. Pantherdude, we're running the 4-3 now. I think you mean switch to a 3-4 with Cowher.

And I'm one who doesn't like the thought of Cowher coming here. If, and this is a huge if, Fox is replaced, I'd rather it be with an up and comer, like Jason Garrett. This team is too conservative, and I think a lot of our problems would be solved by bringing in fresh blood that's younger and aggressive.

Btw, I'm not on the fire Fox bandwagon either.. but if it does happen, I'd like to see a complete changing of the guard.

Wow, we are really seeing eye to eye today. I think I've quoted you in agreence like three times.

The only thing would be I don't like Jason Garrett at all. I know I may catch heat for this but IMO Urban Meyer is the guy I think I would be looking at if Fox were to get fired. I know all of the negatives that people place on Meyer; the spread, college coach going to the pros ect. But Meyer also reminds me a lot of Bill Bilichick. Even though I hate the guy I also respect the hell out of him. A lot of those qualities I see in Belichick I also see in Meyer.

No thanks to Cowher. The only thing he would bring to The Panther's organization that we need is defensive intensity. Our offense wouldn't be any different if Cowher became our head coach and I sure as hell don't want to switch to a 3-4 defense. I like the 3-4 but our d isn't built for it.

Archived