• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Schefter: Panthers *sign* AJ Feeley

Sam Mills Fan

Newflash:

Neither is AJ Feeley, Harrington, Jackson, Garcia, and any other formentioned players in this thread.

Moore has the potential, it's now a matter of giving him the chance.

Word. Moore should be the future someday, but he need more work before he should be the starter.

And Feeley?!? The same guy who took pver for McNabb when we broke his ribs the first time against us in the NFC Championship game? He won't be here long if he does join the team. I rather have Jake & Moore as the QB right now. Maybe Cantwell too if he does ever play a regular game against the opposing starters defense.

Why do people think that Matt freakin Moore is the answer? The guy is NOT a pro QB and never will be. He throws just as many picks as Delhomme does only it is against 2nd team defenses.

Thank you.

I'm sorry, but Matt Moore was on the Dallas Cowboys' practice squad. He was not good enough to move up there, even with Brad Johnson on the roster.

He has been in Carolina for 3 seasons now. He has had opportunities in preseason, he didn't show them. Granted he broke his leg last year but was not exactly setting the world on fire before that.

I'm sorry, 4 years in the league. If he hasn't 'got it' by now odds are not in his favor.

Of course, who knows with the Panthers coaching staff.

One thing is certain, the Panthers are married to Delhomme. They sit him down now and who looks like fools?

Fox/Hurney probably have enough in the bank they are comfortable.

Why do people think that Matt freakin Moore is the answer? The guy is NOT a pro QB and never will be. He throws just as many picks as Delhomme does only it is against 2nd team defenses.

Please don't spew the garbage about his 2007 stats when he had to come in the game when down by 20 plus points on several occasions. What quarterback would be able to succeed given those circumstances? Same thing with yesterday. He would deserve the criticism if he doing the same things when starting these games at 0-0, but until then it's unwarranted.

Thank you.

I'm sorry, but Matt Moore was on the Dallas Cowboys' practice squad. He was not good enough to move up there, even with Brad Johnson on the roster..

Which nearly 100% of Cowboy fans will tell you was a phenomenal mistake. But who are we to question the coaching genius that is Wade Phillips? :lol:

He has been in Carolina for 3 seasons now. He has had opportunities in preseason, he didn't show them. Granted he broke his leg last year but was not exactly setting the world on fire before that.

I'm sorry, 4 years in the league. If he hasn't 'got it' by now odds are not in his favor.

Yeah what a loser....not able to do a lot offensively with a bunch of guys who didn't make the team during games that don't matter....are you kidding me? As for his tenure, this is just the start of his third year in the NFL and with the Panthers (not four).

other than a tweet from the all too often schefter there hasn't been anything confirmed except that the panthers met with feeley's reps.

It's already been reported on ESPN.

If Schefter says it, it's golden. He is the best NFL reporter there is. He makes our local hillbilly beat reporters look pathetic.

I believe firmly in real opportunities. Not, "you didn't look the best in training camp or in pre-season", but a REAL opportunity. Like now. Jake sucks. I've defended him vehemently and I'm done. Give Matt a chance to play. Steve Smith didn't come in as a starter. He was only supposed to play Special Teams. DeAngelo Williams was drafted in the 1st and sat behind Fumbles Foster for how long? Hell, Tom Brady only got a shot because Bledsoe got hurt IIRC.

Bottom line. Moore may or may not be the answer. But Jake's mojo & leadership (you know, that thing that always made up for his lack of natural talent), is gone. Guys used to rally behind him, but I don't see it anymore. Of course your standard operating procedure of not calling him out in a news conference, but if Smitty were to call Moose last night in private, I think they'd both admit that something is wrong with Jake. Other guys on the team want to win too. They love Jake, but they have goals they have set for themselves as well.

Let Moore play with live bullets flying for a few weeks. What's the worst that could happen? 15 turnovers in 3 games? That's getting to be about Jake's average.

Archived