• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two day Removed

DaveThePanther2008

I wanted to come on here and blast away at every non believer, every Jake hater, Every Fox hater and anyone that wanted to criticize the Panthers in whole. I refrained. I love this team. I spend probably more hours than I care to admit reading about them in the offseason.

Two days removed from one of the most embarrassing games I have ever watched (I got it on AFN yippie) I am now calm enough to think clearly and these are my thought.

1. Jake didn't have time to pay attention more or less throw the ball. However, I wish he would learn to take a sack. That fumble let the snowball start to roll.

2. Philly scored 28 points off of 4 offensive plays (Fumble Recover, Punt Return, Ball on Carolina 9 (1 plays) and Ball on Carolina 10 (3 plays))and only one touchdown of any significant length (Philly 26) So as bad as it looked the Defense didn't play all that poorly.

3. Either Jake is losing his zip or he couldn't step into any throws. (see #1) But then again Matt Moore had some decent throws and then again some of the Philly starters were out by then.

4. Davidson said when we 1st hired him, he was going to get creative in getting Smitty the ball. That philosophy went out the window about the time he got here. And Davidson didn't have an answer for the stacked rush. One play I saw 3 or 4 guys coming through the same damn hole. Yet he couldn't figure out how combat it.

5. The O-Line looked like a sand sifter not the mauling group we had last season.

Bottom line as a whole we stunk up the place. But I truly believe all is very fixable and a sense of urgency is upon us. Cut the turnovers, especially in our end of the field and we will be OK. Jeff Davidson wake the F__K Up. Because you are behind doesn't mean the game is over, find a way to get back in the game.

Sunday we MUST play well. WIN OR LOSE We must play well or we will be in serious trouble.

Like someone said. Philly beats N.O. and we beat Atl all will be good in the NFC South.

Hang in there Panthers I am on the bandwagon for the duration.

Go Panthers

Our O-Line has always sucked since the roid-rage days. We need to really build an o-line and be known for it like many teams are; year in, year out.

However, given that.. Jake can't move in the pocket, he can't see a blitz coming, if he does he tries to dangle the ball away like a spaz instead of throwing it away or taking the sack. Jake has the worst footwork in the league of any QB. I can't think of a QB who has worse footwork. When your o-line isn't the best, learn to move a little.

Philly puts a lot of pressure on the QB. They were second in the NFC in sacks last year, and they like to blitz a lot, and they are good at it. We were ill prepared for those blitzes, no doubt about that. Our Oline is good at run blocking, but average at pass blocking. We suck at running the screen, and always have. Draws wouldn't have worked any better since much of their pressure was coming straight up the middle. We need more quick hit passes.

But Jake is a veteran QB, and he should have handled it better than he did. Its one thing to get blindsided and fumble the ball, thats understandable. But when they rush straight up the middle and the QB sees them coming and still doesn't tuck it away, then the QB is largely at fault for the fumble. And some of those passes were just atrocious. The long int to Smith was completely underthrown, and the short passes were even worse. The first int took a great play by the Eagles secondary, but if Jake had hit Steve in stride it would have been a catch or an incompletion.

Its going to be worse when we play Dallas.

The first int was tipped by the LB that is why it was behind steve and the screen Jake had guys all over him and did the same thing Brady did last night. We are awful at the screen play so we have to get better at it. The deep throw came up short and the other int was horrible but it was not all Jakes fault. I completely Agree with the fumble that is unacceptable just tuck the ball and take the sack.

Our O-Line has always sucked since the roid-rage days. We need to really build an o-line and be known for it like many teams are; year in, year out.

However, given that.. Jake can't move in the pocket, he can't see a blitz coming, if he does he tries to dangle the ball away like a spaz instead of throwing it away or taking the sack. Jake has the worst footwork in the league of any QB. I can't think of a QB who has worse footwork. When your o-line isn't the best, learn to move a little.

Our O-Line is good and above average if not one of the top 5-7 O-lines. If you have no counter punches for a team that prides themselves on blitzing then you are going to look silly.

The Falcons went into last season as a terrible O-line..Harrington was sacked a lot b/c he glares at his slow reads. ENTER> Matt Ryan reads the field quick and gets rid of the ball....O-line looks great!

It's almost as easy to blame the offensive line than it is to blame Jake, but think about this...would the Eagles be blitzing that much if we had been playing well? They were trying to disrupt Jake bc they knew they could and were willing to man up on Smith and Moose in order to do that. Its hard to block 7 guys with only five. I think had we been successful early on and moved the ball the Eagles would have changed their gameplan but because Jake got rattled they started bringing the house. The rest of the NFL knows something about Jake that Fox and Davidson apparently don't.

It's almost as easy to blame the offensive line than it is to blame Jake, but think about this...would the Eagles be blitzing that much if we had been playing well? They were trying to disrupt Jake bc they knew they could and were willing to man up on Smith and Moose in order to do that. Its hard to block 7 guys with only five. I think had we been successful early on and moved the ball the Eagles would have changed their gameplan but because Jake got rattled they started bringing the house. The rest of the NFL knows something about Jake that Fox and Davidson apparently don't.

The Cardinals game was a blueprint on how to make Jake melt-down. Every team out there is going to do the same until we adjust or get a QB who can deal with pressure.

Archived