• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Seahawks Fans Are Saying - Playoff Edition

Jeremy Igo

Seahawks.NET is NOT a drunken text message receptacle.

that doesn't even make sense. is that some new slang that hasn't arrived on the east coast yet?

While you are here, you will treat our web space and the team we love with the highest level of respect at all times.

meanwhile seahawk fans come here and leave their bird droppings all over the place, without even a tiny drop of respect mixed in with the poo.

your drivel is of less use to us than used TP.

used tp sounds like a good description for seahawks.net.

note- i have avoided all capital letters in my post. does anyone feel disrespected?

I understand why the hawks fans are confident.  They've had some success recently.  Russell is a baller.

But this is not last year or the year before.  This is a much stronger Panther team, with unshakable confidence.

Someone said on the radio the other day that all the pressure is on the Panthers.  15-1 season... memories of the last couple years in the playoffs... MVP level quarterback.  And the host responded... yes... the pressure is on the Panthers, but that pressure is from the outside, from the pundits, from the media... and the Panthers don't feel it.  

They are confident, and that confidence is going to lead to destruction of anyone in front of them.  Yes sir, believe it.

I worked at a college bookstore this past week, temp work, & the guy in charge of the back storage area is a die hard Panther fan although he admitted that he was a Cowboy fan before 1994. Good talk whenever we both were back there. Their regular UPS driver is a Seahawks fan, obviously not from NC but I don't where he was from. He called the game the Bandwagon Bowl because we're the 2 teams with the most bandwagon fans so I don't think he's a bandwagoner. I apologized for how bad he was going to feel Sunday night after the Panthers beat the Seahawks. Then the bookstore guy said that when we beat the Seahawks in Week 6, he didn't see that UPS driver the next day because he took the day off. lol All in all, good respect all around which goes to show there can be reasonable discussions between fans when (1) no one is drinking alcohol and (2) it's face to face.

On January 14, 2016 at 9:41 AM, Snake said:

We also wore white in the Cowboys playoff game at home to make them wear there ugly unis. Only time we didn't was the Jake meltdown to AZ. 

Only an old timer (like me) would know this. 

27 minutes ago, seahawks12thman said:

Kinda curious, where did the Keep Pounding theme come from? When did the Franchise start beating a drum before games (similar to Seattle icons raising the 12th man flag)?

Keep Pounding is from a motivational speech delivered by Sam Mills Jr. during our 2003 Super Bowl run. He played linebacker for the Panthers for 3 years and then retired to be an assistant coach for the team, and delivered the Keep Pounding speech before we beat the Cowboys in the playoffs that year. He died of cancer in 2005 and the term was adopted as the team's motto and also the name of his charity fund.

The drum is a new tradition started last year, I think.

45 minutes ago, seahawks12thman said:

Kinda curious, where did the Keep Pounding theme come from? When did the Franchise start beating a drum before games (similar to Seattle icons raising the 12th man flag)?

Very similar to the message delivered by Jim Valvano in his famous speech....don't give up, don't ever give up.  No matter what life throws you, always Keep Pounding and fight.

It is a little more emotional and inspiring that Seattle's lame 12th man that they stole from Texas A&M.

3 minutes ago, seahawks12thman said:

Uh no. It originated from the University of Iowa and Minnesota. Have you opened a book in your entire life?

I don't really waste my time looking up the historical start of a moronic saying that a bunch of granola eating douchebags have adopted as their own.

• Pie 1

Just now, seahawks12thman said:

Yes and that is why you are in Mom's basement and she would appreciate if you would get your sorry ass out. You probably don't "waste your time" doing anything and therein lies the problem. Read a few books and you won't make and an unmitigated ass of yourself. I am starting to feel sorry for you. 

Nice try Daddy's Little Mistake....I am a Vice President for a Fortune 500 company who has more degrees than you have IQ points.

• Pie 2