• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reverse line movement

3 minutes ago, TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam said:

We are 70% bet by the public yet the line has moved down, opened at -3 at some spots, we are now just a -1.5 favorite. 

If you have studied lines, gambling, or interpreted lines for any number of years you know what this means

The game is fixed?

4 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Reverse line movement is when large bettors are betting opposite of the public. 

In this case, big money is coming in on the Seahawks which is moving the line opposite of where the bulk of the public play is. 

And they will continue to push money on to the seahawks until the last minute.  Then they will dump a ton of money on us to win. Sucker the public in, then drop the hammer.

So I don't bet on lines, what does this historically mean. Keep it as simple as possible while fully explaining.

I have nothing to give but Pie. Quote me and answer for your pie. If multiple people reply, pie the most complete answer.

Thanks ahead of time.

2 minutes ago, LUUUUUKE said:

So I don't bet on lines, what does this historically mean. Keep it as simple as possible while fully explaining.

I have nothing to give but Pie. Quote me and answer for your pie. If multiple people reply, pie the most complete answer.

Thanks ahead of time.

Sharps are the dudes who bet games for a living. If they're pounding Seattle they're basically predicting a Seattle victory. This is bad because you don't bet money for a living and survive if you're wrong often. It's basically experts picking Seattle but putting their money where their mouth is.

At the horse races large dollar last minute wagering that changes the odds is called "tilting the board" ............the assumption is the smart money of owners, trainers and those in the know from the barn area don't like to place big bets on long shorts with a chance to win too earlier so that the betting public doesn't jump on the band wagon and push the odds down too low long before they close the betting windows..........

But I've seen as much of that late money go up in smoke as not............so whose to know.

In the case of a football game like this it probably has nothing to do with big money having any inside scoop on the game but more likely its just some who want to bet a given team on the point spread without trying to effect that spread too early in the wagering cycle.....it is not an indicate of smart/inside money nor of either team being tipped as a winner.......its a matter of big money trying to sneak late while minimizing as much as possible their manipulating perception to the general betting public of the spread by the size of their bet.

Do you know the difference between investing and gambling?

Investing is making a speculation when the odds are for you......................

Gambling is making a speculation when the odds are against you..........

7 minutes ago, xXxBretWeedxXx said:

Sharps are the dudes who bet games for a living. If they're pounding Seattle they're basically predicting a Seattle victory. This is bad because you don't bet money for a living and survive if you're wrong often. It's basically experts picking Seattle but putting their money where their mouth is.

Well, I personally think that they're all gonna lose their asses! I'm sure though that they'll double down on Pittsburgh getting stomped and make their money back.

Carolina is winning this game. That's the bottom line

1 minute ago, LUUUUUKE said:

Well, I personally think that they're all gonna lose their asses! I'm sure though that they'll double down on Pittsburgh getting stomped and make their money back.

Carolina is winning this game. That's the bottom line

It's still gambling, it's just a prediction that means a bit more than the ones by the Conor Orrs of the world.

Archived