• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith

Dpantherman

he actually said all of that after the game.

people look at and hear only what they want to. you or reporters only want to hear that everyone, including smitty is bailing on delhomme then that is what you are going to find.

so you are automatically right and I am wrong? whatever. I'll go back and look at what I posted. FYI, i didnt just pick some random quote off the street, i read an interview after the game. so maybe theres more than 1. I'll find out.

so you are automatically right and I am wrong? whatever. I'll go back and look at what I posted. FYI, i didnt just pick some random quote off the street, i read an interview after the game. so maybe theres more than 1. I'll find out.

Whatever interview you read only contained part of what he said... the rest of it was the bit about Jake needing more than a team mate right now and how he and Jake are very close.

I read the same thing... he didnt throw Jake under the bus.

Whatever interview you read only contained part of what he said... the rest of it was the bit about Jake needing more than a team mate right now and how he and Jake are very close.

I read the same thing... he didnt throw Jake under the bus.

he did throw jake under the bus in my quote. just clarification, not trying to go back and forth, in fact, i really doesn't matter. either way, no teammate is satisfied with losing, or else they might as well quit playing.

I have thought for years that Steve Smith would be recognized as THE best receiver in the league if he had a big time QB. The only time that he is covered is when Delhomme underthrows him. If he caught more balls in stride he would be even more unbelievable than he is...

Many feel sorry for him, because he's a Hall of Fame talent who will probably not make it to the HOF because of a not so talented qb.

Funny that the "not so talented" quarterback seems to be the only one able to get Smith Hall of fame numbers. Seems Carr, Testeverde, and Moore weren't able to do much with him. If he were hall of fame no matter what, then it wouldn't matter who was throwing to him.

Look at TO for example, seems he makes catches every where he goes no matter the quarterback.

Funny that the "not so talented" quarterback seems to be the only one able to get Smith Hall of fame numbers. Seems Carr, Testeverde, and Moore weren't able to do much with him. If he were hall of fame no matter what, then it wouldn't matter who was throwing to him.

Look at TO for example, seems he makes catches every where he goes no matter the quarterback.

I agree that people underestimate the chemistry that Delhomme and Smith have. They've gotten that chemistry from years of work together, though, and that's time that neither Carr, Moore, nor Testaverde had.

I think it's actually pretty impressive that Smith had a 1,000 yard season with those three at the QB position, no threat opposite him, and a running game that seems non-existant when compared with the team's current situation.

So yes, Delhomme and Smith have great chemistry, but that's true of most quarterbacks and their receivers.

I agree that people underestimate the chemistry that Delhomme and Smith have. They've gotten that chemistry from years of work together, though, and that's time that neither Carr, Moore, nor Testaverde had.

I think it's actually pretty impressive that Smith had a 1,000 yard season with those three at the QB position, no threat opposite him, and a running game that seems non-existant when compared with the team's current situation.

So yes, Delhomme and Smith have great chemistry, but that's true of most quarterbacks and their receivers.

What you forget about the 1000 yard season in 2007 was that 4 of his 7 touchdowns and 300 of the 1000 yards were in the 2 1/2 games that Jake started. After he went down, the other guys managed 700 yards and 3 TDs to him in the other 13 games. That is a TD every 4 weeks and 53 yards a game.

What you forget about the 1000 yard season in 2007 was that 4 of his 7 touchdowns and 300 of the 1000 yards were in the 2 1/2 games that Jake started. After he went down, the other guys managed 700 yards and 3 TDs to him in the other 13 games. That is a TD every 4 weeks and 53 yards a game.

Smith's production did increase slightly when Moore started vs. when the much more experienced Carr/Vinny got the start.

Smith's production did increase slightly when Moore started vs. when the much more experienced Carr/Vinny got the start.

Yeah he did have 2-100 yards games after Jake went down. He had over 100 with Vinny against Arizona and over 100 with Moore against Dallas. And Moore did do a better than Carr, but that isn't saying much.

Archived