• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How long will A.J. be the third QB?

Carl Spackler

Yeah I realize there is probably a few hundred different variations of things that goes on in the playbook but it just seems like we don't use them all. The West Coast offense is much more complex in terms of passing routes/formations and such compared to our offense, but mainly the terminology is probably so different it is like learning Japanese.

I had to watch some of A.J. Feeley's old highlights (not many) to see if he was able to check out of a play or make adjustments at the line and he did a few times. I don't know if he will have that kind of flexibility with our offense.

Actually there is more flexibility to adjust plays in our system than there is the average WCO. The WCO relies on going through progressions and the quarterback has to know where everyone is on every play but the receivers don't adjust their routes based on the coverage to the extent that our receivers do. Plus the WCO uses fewer runs ans more short passes.

So in some areas our system is more complex in the fact that while the quarterback doesn't have to worry about where 4 different receivers are on every play, they have to recognize defenses to the point that the routes that the receivers will run will change based on the defense. Plus they can run or pass out of most every formation.

One isn't more complex than the other, they are different with different philosophies and different terminology.

based on Fox saying it was a gametime decision.....Feely will be #2 on Sunday. He will remain #2 unless he is given some playing time and AGAIN....for the 2nd season Fox will end up looking like a complete and utter moron for putting bums ahead of Moore when he is finally forced to go that way............that is of course unless Jake gets it together and we never see either.

I don't understand where "vet expereince" comes in when you played 15 games and sucked in 90% of them... Moore should be given a chance, I'm tired of watching QB's we know are going to be bad... put one in that at least might be decent.

There's a certain amount of validity in trusting experience over youth.

With that said, like any coaching ideal, it is possible to rely on it too much.

This, in my opinion, is one of John Fox's larger failings.

I got a pretty good laugh out of "this guys gonna be a legend" sound byte in that video.....Then I realized this guy was added to our team and then it didn't seem so funny anymore.

All the Matt Moore supporters need to realize this point.....Our coach can not commit to Moore as our back up and this is his 3rd year in our system over AJ Friggin Feely who has been in the system a maximum of 6 days by kickoff. If that isn't a huge sign that Fox and company have absolutely no faith in Matt Moore - then I don't know what it would take for you guys to get it.

BTW, I'm not hating on Moore.....I think all of our QB's are as worthless as that long tag mole thing growing off the side of grandma neck. I hope Jake snaps out of his funk but if he doesn't our offense will be very vanilla and predictable. It will be like the Dan Henning days....1st down Run, 2nd down Run, and 3rd down - run the draw then punt.

There's a certain amount of validity in trusting experience over youth.

With that said, like any coaching ideal, it is possible to rely on it too much.

This, in my opinion, is one of John Fox's larger failings.

This is true, however, their comes a point where you have to take a chance and give what you got a shot. Every year it works out for someone.

Examples: Falcons, Ravens, Patriots, Cowboys, etc.

You'll never know what you got in a young QB if he backs up former flunked vets all his career.

Archived