• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clete Blakeman to ref Super Bowl

KillaCamNewton

Denver got Ed Hochuli in the AFCCG, who they also have an undefeated record with.

I'm not a believer of conspiracy theories, but Denver has caught way too many breaks this year - from playing injured opponents, to opponents making boneheaded mistakes in critical moments, to officiating.

Hope your team pounds them from the very beginning and gets out to an enormous lead, so that officiating plays no role in the outcome. 

eh, 5 games isn't enough to reasonably raise any eyebrows.  They're in the Super Bowl because they're a good team that won most of their games.  There's surely a few officials that we're undefeated with this year.....  I'm curious if anyone has any legit observations about him.  Has he actually been seen to call games overly in the Bronco's favor?  Is he more of a "let them play" ref or one that likes to over-officiate?  I honestly have never even noticed this guy's name before.

23 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Broncos are 5-0 in the games he's officiated. Guess we get to debunk another streak

13 minutes ago, Growl said:

He was also the official in Denver's Super Bowl two years ago.

Uh. By my math, they can't be undefeated then when he officiates.

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

eh, 5 games isn't enough to reasonably raise any eyebrows.  They're in the Super Bowl because they're a good team that won most of their games.  There's surely a few officials that we're undefeated with this year.....  I'm curious if anyone has any legit observations about him.  Has he actually been seen to call games overly in the Bronco's favor?  Is he more of a "let them play" ref or one that likes to over-officiate?  I honestly have never even noticed this guy's name before.

Its the guy that reffed our MNF against the Pats where they picked up the flag against Luke. As long as we don't see some Joey Crawford/Lebron treatment towards Peyton I don't think its a big deal

First off, the Panthers were undefeated with every single NFL officiating crew this year except 1.  So those stats are just dumb when talking about good teams.

And it is really hard to make any observations about Clete Blakeman when it is not his crew that will be doing the Super Bowl.  It will be an all-star crew.

Archived