• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Cash

Rags

The draft season is picking up and Jesus Christ is it ever fuging weird to be in a position this late in the season where we're not looking forward to the draft hardcore. I ain't complaining though.

One of the needs this draft is a safety. Yeah Boston has looked good in his snaps he's played (both this year and last) and Kurt Coleman has looked like the biggest pro bowl snub (who cared tho superb owl). And despite The Silver Fox's improved (but still frustrating) play this year, he's a free agent who in all honesty, is unlikely to be resignrd, and if he is, his role will most likely be lessened. Still, 1) We don't know how Boston will look as a starter all 16 games and 2) Coleman will be a free agent after next year, and if he has a repeat year, he'll be a pricey one.

One thing Gettleman loves is planning for the future. One thing Ron loves is a physical in the box SS who can cover.

Meet Jeremy Cash, SS, Duke.

I've kept my eye on safteys for the last two years. And outside of guys like Karl Joeseph and and Jalen Ramsey no safety impressed me more than Cash.

He was listed at 6'2 at duke, but officially came in at 6'0, 212. Still not bad. Still great size to match up.

Originally an OSU Allum, he transfered in 2012 to Duke, where he sat out due to transfer rules, but in 2013 he came on strong with 121 tackles, 9.5 for a loss, 4 ints, 4 deflections, and 2 forced fumbles.

His next two seasons he was just as good. 2014, 111 tackles, 10.5 for q loss, seven breakups, 4 forced fumbles and 2 ints. This year he finished his career with 101 tackles, carrer high with 18 for w loss and 2.5 sacks. 3 fumbles and four passes broken up, but with no ints this season.

As indicated by his stats, he is a very physical safety who can tackle amazingly well and has the skills and ability to read and react to blitz and get into the backfield very well. Concerns lie in his ability to cover deep, and rightfully so, his eagerness to make plays in the backfield can be a double edged sword at times, but that's coachable, and early reports at the senior bowl say that he's wowed with his deep coverage and blitzing skills.

Comparisons are tricky, but to me he compares very favorably to Tyvon Branch, long time Raider and current Chief. Very good tackler and solid coverage skills. I can see comparisons to Kam Chancellor, due to them both being very hard hitting safteys, but to me, Cash is already a much better cover safety than Chancellor was coming out.

He could very well be sitting there at 31, and if he is, don't be surprised if we take him. We looked at Landon Collins very seriously last year, and Cash is much better than Collins in coverage, albeit he is still raw. With Boston and Coleman as the most likely starters, we could rotate him in on both running and passing situations as he betters his coverage skills, and use him in a very Deonne Bucannon esqe role, where I think his strength would be early on in his career.

Sure, we need other positions more, like DE and OT, but Gettleman has never taken need over BPA, and if Cash's stock continues to rise, he could very well be that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2016 at 0:56 PM, Rags said:

The draft season is picking up and Jesus Christ is it ever fuging weird to be in a position this late in the season where we're not looking forward to the draft hardcore. I ain't complaining though.

One of the needs this draft is a safety. Yeah Boston has looked good in his snaps he's played (both this year and last) and Kurt Coleman has looked like the biggest pro bowl snub (who cared tho superb owl). And despite The Silver Fox's improved (but still frustrating) play this year, he's a free agent who in all honesty, is unlikely to be resignrd, and if he is, his role will most likely be lessened. Still, 1) We don't know how Boston will look as a starter all 16 games and 2) Coleman will be a free agent after next year, and if he has a repeat year, he'll be a pricey one.

One thing Gettleman loves is planning for the future. One thing Ron loves is a physical in the box SS who can cover.

Meet Jeremy Cash, SS, Duke.

I've kept my eye on safteys for the last two years. And outside of guys like Karl Joeseph and and Jalen Ramsey no safety impressed me more than Cash.

He was listed at 6'2 at duke, but officially came in at 6'0, 212. Still not bad. Still great size to match up.

Originally an OSU Allum, he transfered in 2012 to Duke, where he sat out due to transfer rules, but in 2013 he came on strong with 121 tackles, 9.5 for a loss, 4 ints, 4 deflections, and 2 forced fumbles.

His next two seasons he was just as good. 2014, 111 tackles, 10.5 for q loss, seven breakups, 4 forced fumbles and 2 ints. This year he finished his career with 101 tackles, carrer high with 18 for w loss and 2.5 sacks. 3 fumbles and four passes broken up, but with no ints this season.

As indicated by his stats, he is a very physical safety who can tackle amazingly well and has the skills and ability to read and react to blitz and get into the backfield very well. Concerns lie in his ability to cover deep, and rightfully so, his eagerness to make plays in the backfield can be a double edged sword at times, but that's coachable, and early reports at the senior bowl say that he's wowed with his deep coverage and blitzing skills.

Comparisons are tricky, but to me he compares very favorably to Tyvon Branch, long time Raider and current Chief. Very good tackler and solid coverage skills. I can see comparisons to Kam Chancellor, due to them both being very hard hitting safteys, but to me, Cash is already a much better cover safety than Chancellor was coming out.

He could very well be sitting there at 31, and if he is, don't be surprised if we take him. We looked at Landon Collins very seriously last year, and Cash is much better than Collins in coverage, albeit he is still raw. With Boston and Coleman as the most likely starters, we could rotate him in on both running and passing situations as he betters his coverage skills, and use him in a very Deonne Bucannon esqe role, where I think his strength would be early on in his career.

Sure, we need other positions more, like DE and OT, but Gettleman has never taken need over BPA, and if Cash's stock continues to rise, he could very well be that.

disagree on need question, we need a S very badly.

• 1 month later...

Archived