• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Davis - Get to the ball with bad intentions

AntiBuc

Remember that quote?  In Davis's first week as a Panther, he was asked in an interview about his tackling philosophy. His reply?  "Get to the ball with bad intentions".

I've never done a GIF, but would love for someone to put the clip of Davis's tackle on David Johnson last week on here.  That's when he blew right through the line and totally creamed Johnson for a  6-yard TFL.  The speed...the violence...just incredible!

If he wants to use his arm less, I can see him just trucking his target with all he has. Can you imagine a more violent Thomas Davis?  Kinda scary.

Can't wait to see you in the Super Bowl TD!  Looking forward to those bad intentions!

9 minutes ago, AntiBuc said:

Remember that quote?  In Davis's first week as a Panther, he was asked in an interview about his tackling philosophy. His reply?  "Get to the ball with bad intentions".

I've never done a GIF, but would love for someone to put the clip of Davis's tackle on David Johnson last week on here.  That's when he blew right through the line and totally creamed Johnson for a  6-yard TFL.  The speed...the violence...just incredible!

If he wants to use his arm less, I can see him just trucking his target with all he has. Can you imagine a more violent Thomas Davis?  Kinda scary.

Can't wait to see you in the Super Bowl TD!  Looking forward to those bad intentions!

thomasdavis.0.gif.3fc783595070de869d175a

2 minutes ago, aussiePanther said:

I like watching CJ... he goes from trying to get to the tackle to reacting to TDs hit and I can almost hear it.

Actually, I was talking about David Johnson, the Cards running back that TD blew up.  But, yeah, CJ's reaction was great, too.

I know I have been complaining about the wife watching the games with me lately. But this play got her good. They showed the replay from the endzone. I told her to watch #58. When he waxed Johnson. With a smile on her face, all she said was "Wow".

This from a gal that took years to finally get the idea that tackling was legal.

Archived