• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther fans who HATE Cam Newton

Hotsauce

Meh. 

It's got to the point where I don't care if you like him or not. Been arguing with folks on here and throughout the Carolinas his whole time here. I finally realized most of them will never like him. Atleast, if you don't like him...don't go talking trash about him to fans of other teams. I hate that crap. You might as well go be a fan of that fans team. 

My boss who talked poo and made fun of the Panthers last year, has suddenly become a Panthers fan this year.  I heard him talking to a woman last month, and she said "Oh yeah, I'm a Panthers fan, but I hate Cam Newton, he's so cocky, and arrogant, it's pretty annoying." and my boss just agreed with her.  I just wanted to get up and hit them both in the face with my laptop.

1 minute ago, Hotsauce said:

I agree with you sort of. 

The difference here is if the team you cheer for, has an MVP QB, who has had absouletly zero character issues and quite frankly is a perfect role model, you really can't hate him unless you have other issues. 

I am totally fine with people who aren't fans hating his antics, but if it's your team, and he isn't hurting anyone AND he is winning, you can't feasibly Hate the guy. 

Good points.

I don't hate other players that celebrate when they sack Cam or do something on offense. So I really wouldn't understand home grown fans that would hate their own QB for his own celebrating.

So you're right on that front.

My FIL swears he doesn't like him because he showboats too much.  Not at all because he's black.  He was mad when Cam was asked the question why do you think people don't like you? and he responded with "I'm a black quarterback and that scares people".  My FIL took that to mean that he was saying people don't like him just because he's black.  Either way we had an argument and I had to explain to him that what he was watching right now is something very special and he needed to keep his eyes open because poo like this doesn't just happen.  I've been saying for 4 years that all Cam needed was an Oline that was serviceable and he needed to be healthy.  I was patient.  I've waited twenty something years for this.  I'm not going to hear you complain about somebody dancing.  If I was 6'6" 250, i'd be dancing all damn day and there isn't a damn thing you could do about it.  So suck it up and watch in awe.  

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

I've seen it a bunch and most of it comes from racism. Some have came right out and said he was a "ghetto ****** and they like Russell Wilson's better because he acts white" .  No lie that was a direct quote. 

I always find that funny.

Cause Cam's clean cut; has no tattoo's, and exercises good manners.

And we know the rest (works hard, charitable endeavors etc.).  So because he's demonstrative and jovial on the field; that makes him Ghetto to some"?

I'm not buying it. That's their own built in racial bias. And they should know better (that he's a role model type), cause they're fans of the team.

Nonetheless, should be a small minority by now. And there's nothing we can do (or even care) to stop that.

15 minutes ago, DeSim said:

My boss who talked poo and made fun of the Panthers last year, has suddenly become a Panthers fan this year.  I heard him talking to a woman last month, and she said "Oh yeah, I'm a Panthers fan, but I hate Cam Newton, he's so cocky, and arrogant, it's pretty annoying." and my boss just agreed with her.  I just wanted to get up and hit them both in the face with my laptop.

How can you be a fan of a team yet hate the guy who's the reason the team wins and is in the SB? I can see hating your QB if he sucks and your team therefore sucks, but hating your MVP QB on a 17-1 team means you're not really a fan.

2 minutes ago, caatfan said:

How can you be a fan of a team yet hate the guy who's the reason the team wins and is in the SB? I can see hating your QB if he sucks and your team therefore sucks, but hating your MVP QB on a 17-1 team means you're not really a fan.

That's why they're not REAL Fans, and DIDN'T LIKE THE TEAM PREVIOUSLY. They're band-wagoners, and fake!

So of course they could hate the QB!

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

There was a good chunk of the posters here that would frequently take shots at Cam every week for the past 4 years but have changed their tune this season or just stopped posting. 

A lot of people misconstrued taking shots with hating Cam.  It wasn't hating Cam it was wanting him to improve and get better.  Be it his throwing form, his ball placement or just holding onto the ball to long.  This isn't directed at you personally. But it was pathetic that if you had one bad thing to say about Cam you was automatically labeled a hater.  

One reason I did the Cam vs Geno comparison's was to point out the stupidity this board had taken on with the Cam hater BS.  Funny thing most people that where quick to call people Cam haters and that he needed time to develop.  Where real quick to bash Geno (yeah I know not your QB). 

But the point being a lot of people that was labeled Cam haters weren't. They just wanted to see Cam improve in certain areas of his game. BTW his mechanics are still terrible but he makes it work.    

9 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

I agree with you sort of. 

The difference here is if the team you cheer for, has an MVP QB, who has had absouletly zero character issues and quite frankly is a perfect role model, you really can't hate him unless you have other issues. 

I am totally fine with people who aren't fans hating his antics, but if it's your team, and he isn't hurting anyone AND he is winning, you can't feasibly Hate the guy. 

I understand your point believe me I've had some heated debates about this even with some a few my distance relatives. (They usually become distance because sometimes I like to swing but that's another story.) The main issue I have is the ones that base their opinion on not knowing what he is about and what he does as a person. But I try to understand that not everyone likes the dancing. (I love it) but I never liked how TO, Chad Johnson and the like did it. But with them it was all about them. A good example to me is Norman, I love Norman and think he is just as awesome person and player as Cam but a few times I didn't like what he did because of the taunting. A lot of y'all liked it but I didn't. Does that make either of us a bad fan? Not just different prospectives. 

I just think worrying about every criticism wither warrantied or not takes away from us enjoying this freaking awesome Superbowl run.

1 hour ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

michael procton would probably rather throw on his faded, peeling delhomme jersey and talk to a framed picture of john fox for three and a half hours in the dark than watch cam in the super bowl at this point

Who let you back in? :)

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

There was a good chunk of the posters here that would frequently take shots at Cam every week for the past 4 years but have changed their tune this season or just stopped posting. 

Yup. It got to the point that you wondered if they were rooting against our QB, or for him.

More immensely pathetic than it is sad though.

Archived