• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I guess this board will go back to hating Rivera and Shula next year no matter how many games this team wins.

Chris1

Not Rivera, but Shula definitely.  Shula showed improvement this year, but it was more addition by subtraction of his control over the offense in-game.  I honestly don't know what we can do about it.  Who fires the OC after going 17-2?  If we did actually pull that trigger, who would we replace him with?  How would that impact the progression of the offense overall?  We're kinda stuck with Shula atm, it would seem.

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Players win games.

Coaches lose them.

If you couldn't see piles of poo layed by Shula on that California field tonight, I can't help you.

Yep we totally could have overcome four turnovers, eight drops, a missed field goal, and a horrid return game if only Shula called a few more screens and slants! I know this from my vast experience of watching NFL games while inebriated

Ron Rivera did nothing wrong tonight.  The only time I had issue with his decisions was that first or second drive where we had a 4th and 1 and he punted.  He shoulda gone for it.  Mike Shula though?  Reverted and reverted hard.  I am literally in awe of how horrible his game plan was.  He ran.  On every first down.  He ran.  Over the right G/T. ON. EVERY. FIRST. DOWN.  Mike Shula should be left in California.  I wish Cam had said "EF THIS poo" and called his own plays.

2 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

Ron Rivera did nothing wrong tonight.  The only time I had issue with his decisions was that first or second drive where we had a 4th and 1 and he punted.  He shoulda gone for it.  Mike Shula though?  Reverted and reverted hard.  I am literally in awe of how horrible his game plan was.  He ran.  On every first down.  He ran.  Over the right G/T. ON. EVERY. FIRST. DOWN.  Mike Shula should be left in California.  I wish Cam had said "EF THIS poo" and called his own plays.

Well here's the thing about Shula... he only does what Rivera ALLOWS him to do.

Rivera doesn't get to plead innocent if Shula is guilty, bro.  That ain't the way it works.

1 minute ago, chris999 said:

We have the number 1 offense in the league... why would we fire Shula?

Because it is OBVIOUSLY Shula's fault we lost, not the fact our receivers dropped eight passes, we turned the ball over four times and forgot how to play special teams. THE ONLY BLAME IS ON SHULA. SHUUUUUUUULLLLLAAAAA!

Archived