• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Turning Point: The Clete Blakeman Effect

CPantherKing

There is one reason why these missed calls and cheap shots must at least be acknowledged.

It could and likely will happen again to us or another team. What will we do then? Just shrug and say "get over it"? This is purely a personal opinion but that's being complacent with a wrong and that's something that upsets me. The game can never truly be fair but that doesn't mean we shouldn't demand that the most important game in a season tries to be for whoever is playing on the field.

1. Cotchery dropped the ball. Period. The tip of the ball is ENTIRELY ON THE GROUND. That's what the ref saw. With that being the case, they're not going to overturn it. Sorry, but that's life in the NFL.

2. Lol at the idea of Talib being offsides in any way affected the outcome of the play. Jesus, you want it handed to you? Ahahhahaahaha, no. 

3. Where's the blame for your team? In a game like this, every single yard matters. Yet there was Ted Ginn, running out of bounds when he could have made AT LEAST 5-10 more yards down the sideline. 

4. You were beaten, fair and square, by a superior defensive unit. That's it. Now I'mma let Von dance for you.

vongif.gif

2 minutes ago, VONVP said:

1. Cotchery dropped the ball. Period. The tip of the ball is ENTIRELY ON THE GROUND. That's what the ref saw. With that being the case, they're not going to overturn it. Sorry, but that's life in the NFL.

2. Lol at the idea of Talib being offsides in any way affected the outcome of the play. Jesus, you want it handed to you? Ahahhahaahaha, no. 

3. Where's the blame for your team? In a game like this, every single yard matters. Yet there was Ted Ginn, running out of bounds when he could have made AT LEAST 5-10 more yards down the sideline. 

4. You were beaten, fair and square, by a superior defensive unit. That's it. Now I'mma let Von dance for you.

vongif.gif

Your insecurity is showing.

3 hours ago, Zaximus said:

Exactly.   That's just more evidence of the league doing shady things.   Without that, Seattle probably doesn't make the playoffs.  If you think about all the really terrible calls over the years, it adds up, things that were just clear as day.  How about that 49ers vs Seattle game (after the 49ers got freebie calls against us all game the game before)?  Remember Bowman laying on his back with a torn up leg holding the fumble, yet they didn't give it to them?   They wanted the Seahawks to proceed.

Remember when the Saints were allowed to just late-hit Favre after every snap on their road to the Super Bowl?  The NFL sat there and let their past-golden boy get crushed just for a Katrina superbowl.  It was a few years after, but man all they did was talk about katrina and show promos of it leading up the superbowl.  That superbowl ended up being the most watched ever, at the time.  I think it was the #2 TV program EVER behind MASH finale.  It may still be the #1 watched Superbowl.

So...do we keep watching and put up with it or walk away?

It's not going to change.  Money talks.

Hopefully Cam keeps winning MVPs, the Panthers become more popular and they can stop being fodder for the NFL and its favorite franchises in big games.

47 minutes ago, VONVP said:

RE: the bolded:

-The blame still entirely falls on the Panthers for losing to one of the worst SB champs of all time

-Following that fact, the Panthers were beaten by themselves as the dropped passes and poor special teams did them in.  The pro-Denver slant on the officiating just further helped the Panthers dig their own graves.

-Surprised Von is dancing like he has to take a piss since we all know he usually works with other people's urine.

As for insecurity, you started an account on an opposing team's message board to argue in support of your team's weak victory.  Compare that to my posts in this very thread which still put the blame on the Panthers for blowing it.

Glass houses.

1 hour ago, VONVP said:

His thumb covers the tip of the ball before he impacts the ground. His elbow drives the tip of the ball into his palm. Unless he magically detached his thumb and then reattached it the tip of the ball never hits the ground. Track the thumb. The tip of the ball contacts his thumb, then elbow, and then palm. Never the ground.

jcatchery.0.gif

jerricho-cotchery-of-the-carolina-panthe

Argue with that. Tell me his thumb does not exist when he hits the ground and that his hand is not underneath the ball. His elbow and forearm drive the tip of the ball into his palm. The elbow and the forearm are what dislodge the ball after the back of his hand and thumb impact the ground.

crop_exact_Screen_Shot_2016-02-07_at_4.0

The white between his elbow, the ground and the nose of the ball is Cotchery's glove.

You can pretend Cotchery does not have a thumb for that split second, but I can assure you he never lost his thumb.

1 hour ago, VONVP said:

vongif.gif

Why are you here? Cheaters love to defend themselves I see. 

1 hour ago, Kuechly59 said:

It's amazing how many Broncos trolls show up after the game!

Yeah it's a bitch move.  Insecure about the win so they try to reinforce their denial by seeking out anyone that sees the truth and points it out.   Don't worry Bronco fans, these boys are coming and hell is coming with them.  Enjoy it while it lasts bitches.

15 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Bingo.  I love all the Panthers armchair psychologists coming out of the woodwork, not able to comprehend that there might be Bronco's fans with some time to kill willing to come here and correct numerous literal lies about the SB.  18 out of 18.  ROFL.  Not only a blind homer but knows nothing about football. 

what's worse is all the bronco fans coming in here trying to validate their win. why in the world would any of you care what the other team thinks? i'd tell you to just leave and go enjoy your offseason, but you seem like the type who needs help moving on so i'll make it easy for you.

5 hours ago, VONVP said:

vongif.gif

yep. that's it. bye.

Archived