• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Owner Drama: Jerry Richardson a Bully?

JccOldTime23

9 hours ago, PanthersBigD said:

Also, can anyone read this article, with all of its backroom dealings and still think it's unfathomable that there might be game-fixing and other sketchy stuff going on in the NFL?.

while everyone who gets screwed stays stoically silent and not one word gets breathed to anyone who tells a reporter for decades?

not likely

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It would basically require the collusion of every owner in the NFL to pull off, including that of losing teams like the Browns.

So no, not really.

We lost the game.  Was it poorly officiated?  Like pretty much every game this past season, yes.  The league is in desperate need of improvement in that department, and I'm pretty sure having full time officials is the only real answer.

But was there some conspiracy? No, and people make themselves look really silly when they go down that road. 

$7.5B in profit sharing last year.  Everything is shared mostly.   Teams may not know about it, but just tell Goodell to make that money any way possible.  Could be between Goodell and a few people and a few refs.  That easy.  Doesn't always work out I'm sure though.

2 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

$7.5B in profit sharing last year.  Everything is shared mostly.   Teams may not know about it, but just tell Goodell to make that money any way possible.  Could be between Goodell and a few people and a few refs.  That easy.  Doesn't always work out I'm sure though.

If you honestly believe this to this extent why would you support or spend any of your time following?

I would drop it completely if I thought that way.

1 minute ago, csx said:

If you honestly believe this to this extent why would you support or spend any of your time following?

I would drop it completely if I thought that way.

WWE still entertains me when I watch.   It's hard to not be involved in some way if you live in the city, and, I feel I've invested so much time already it would be a waste to cut and run.  I also support the players and coaches, because I know they aren't involved (pretty sure) and it's still fun watching them spoil games that weren't supposed to be won.    I support Cam because of the crap he receives as well.   I've been a fan for so long I'm not sure how I'd just stop and let it go.  

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It would basically require the collusion of every owner in the NFL to pull off, including that of losing teams like the Browns.

So no, not really.

We lost the game.  Was it poorly officiated?  Like pretty much every game this past season, yes.  The league is in desperate need of improvement in that department, and I'm pretty sure having full time officials is the only real answer.

But was there some conspiracy? No, and people make themselves look really silly when they go down that road. 

You sure do speak definitively for someone that has as little insight as anyone else. And for someone that frequently says really silly things, you don't seem to have much self-awareness. Settle down, I'm spit-balling on a message board, not forming a joint committee to investigate the NFL. 

6 hours ago, PhillyB said:

while everyone who gets screwed stays stoically silent and not one word gets breathed to anyone who tells a reporter for decades?

not likely

Not likely, but possible. We've got corruption in every aspect of our country, we are aware of it, and we still do nothing meaningful about it. If we haven't done anything about the current state of our government, do you think anyone would really care enough to revolt over game fixing or any other sketchy behavior by the NFL? I don't. For the record, I don't believe with any certainty that any games were fixed. However I do believe that wherever there's opportunity for profit, there's opportunity for corruption. 

Archived