• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Been getting sick a lot lately

frash.exe

Like seriously I caught everything this fall/winter. I had a cold for three weeks in November, then last month I had to take a whole week off because I caught the flu, which is something I never really catch. Last time I had one before that was the weekend where the Ravens pounded the Giants' ass in the Super Bowl. 

And then today I got either food poisoning or the stomach flu which really fuged me up. I had to go to the ER and get three liters of IV fluid injected into me just to keep myself hydrated and my electrolytes balanced. Also I got anti nausea shots in both my ass cheeks which is the first time in my life that I ever had a shot there. You should've seen them do the first one. I almost hit the moon. 

I'm starting to think I've been run down lately. My career is getting serious and I want to make sure people know I'm a good hand because they'll just fire you if your performance is not up to par where I work. I don't wake up refreshed in the morning. The best I get overnight is 7 1/2 hours. Most of the time it's more like 6 1/2. Either I can't actually get to sleeping until 2 or I wake up too early because I drank too many fluids before I went to bed and I have to piss or whatever. My mind races at night like it wants to be active at that time of the day. Also I've never volunteered this trivia of my life on here but I've been dealing with anxiety since I was a little kid, and it just gets 10x worse when I don't get enough sleep. Also my diet probably sucks. I know I'm actually one of the younger ones on here so I was just wondering if you guys have some life pro tips you could give me so I can better take care of myself.

Your diet is eventually going to destroy your body. Why do smokers ask why they don't feel well? Why do people who eat poo? Why do people ask why they're tired all the time but have never set foot in a gym? People who never get check ups wondering about reoccurring issues....

As you age these things are going to hit you and hit you hard. Not only that but perfecting working out and diet takes trial and error and needs to get started ASAP.

Now for the first few months you're going to feel worse and this is why people quit. You will start to feel better. Eat right, excersise, drink water. These are the things we can control. Why fight them? You're already fighting time, genetics and diseases.

A little bit of tough love but get your poo together!

No idea if this is applicable to your situation, but my sleep improved 1000% by getting a new bed that actually supported me. I was waking up 4-5 times a night and was never rested... new bed fixed that.

That said, stress and diet play a huge role as well. Thought I'd mention the bed thing though.

1 hour ago, Lumps said:

Your diet is eventually going to destroy your body. Why do smokers ask why they don't feel well? Why do people who eat poo? Why do people ask why they're tired all the time but have never set foot in a gym? People who never get check ups wondering about reoccurring issues....

As you age these things are going to hit you and hit you hard. Not only that but perfecting working out and diet takes trial and error and needs to get started ASAP.

Now for the first few months you're going to feel worse and this is why people quit. You will start to feel better. Eat right, excersise, drink water. These are the things we can control. Why fight them? You're already fighting time, genetics and diseases.

A little bit of tough love but get your poo together!

There are two exhaustions.  Physical and mental.  Sometimes people confuse the two.

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

No idea if this is applicable to your situation, but my sleep improved 1000% by getting a new bed that actually supported me. I was waking up 4-5 times a night and was never rested... new bed fixed that.

That said, stress and diet play a huge role as well. Thought I'd mention the bed thing though.

I replaced my mattress a few years ago for this very reason. It wasn't supporting my back. The sleep improved but not for long.

1 hour ago, pstall said:

Basically tell me what typical day of eating is like for you.

How do you wind down nightly and what is bed time, or should be and when should you wake.

Normally I aim for 11:30. I have to wake up at 7 during the weekdays. But it could take me anywhere from 5-30 minutes to go into a sleep state after I lay down. On a bad day I'm restless and won't go to bed till 2. This doesn't happen very often but when it does it messes me up for a few days. I have an alarm set and sometimes I'll wake up 15 minutes before with my heart rate up as if my internal clock doesn't trust an alarm. By my heart rate going up I don't mean that it's palpitating at 150bpm, but it's more like 90-100 instead of 60 because I get anxious in the morning and my body would really like to continue sleeping. So having to wake up causes it to go up a gear.

normal diet...is not very good. Now lately I've been incorporating fruit into my lunches but it's still not enough. I'm still eating muffins for breakfast, and last week for example I took Taylor Ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch. I could do better than this. I try to avoid fast food but it's everywhere here, I end up having it once every one or two weeks. Sometimes I do really good and avoid it for a month, but that hasn't been the case lately. I guess I'm wondering what you guys eat that doesn't make you feel like you want to take the biggest nap of all time at 2 in the afternoon.

Archived