• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams trade to Number 1

jdpanther5

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jeff Fisher might be the single most overrated coach in the league right now.

The guy's resume' consists mainly of one very successful season, a few good ones and a load of mediocre ones, yet I see him get talked about like he's one of the best coaches in the NFL.

I mean if you consider dirty play a good thing, Fisher is your man, but otherwise...

He's like a more charismatic John Fox

I get the "attention grab" idea, but that sort of thing backfires if you screw it up. That bump you got in attention and awareness doesn't help much if you start to suck.

People have wanted Gettleman to "go all out" but instead he works patiently and efficiently and the team gets better. I'll take sustained success over 'flash in the pan' all day, every day.

Starting level QBs are hard to find. If we had Case Keenum and Nick Foles, we would be all FML, too. It's either make a trade to get who you want from the rookie QBs, or shell out $30+millions/year to soon-to-be free agent Drew Brees next year.

This way, the Rams take their lumps while in their temporary home of the L.A. Coliseum for the next 2 years. They can open their new stadium in Inglewood with either Goff or Wentz having 1 or 2 years of games that kind of don't count, since they have the relocation honeymoon window. Yeah, they're in L.A., and it's nice to be back, but they're not in their home stadium yet.

3 minutes ago, davos said:

The deal is, they just invested a ton in both Dunlap and Barksdale.  I see Ramsey back there to fill a certain void. 

Could be, he's certainly my top guy in the draft, just that legitimate franchise-level Tackles are much harder to find than DBs. Plus Dunlap is 30. You hate to redshirt a 3rd overall pick, but Tunsil should be an anchor on the left side for the next decade. 

3 minutes ago, O-Ther said:

Starting level QBs are hard to find. If we had Case Keenum and Nick Foles, we would be all FML, too. It's either make a trade to get who you want from the rookie QBs, or shell out $30+millions/year to soon-to-be free agent Drew Brees next year.

I get that, but if the guy you blew your wad on isn't really that great either and you passed on a Laremy Tunsil or a Jalen Ramsey to take him, did you really do your team any favors?

7 minutes ago, O-Ther said:

This way, the Rams take their lumps while in their temporary home of the L.A. Coliseum for the next 2 years. They can open their new stadium in Inglewood with either Goff or Wentz having 1 or 2 years of games that kind of don't count, since they have the relocation honeymoon window. Yeah, they're in L.A., and it's nice to be back, but they're not in their home stadium yet.

Good points.  You pay for your QB in one way, shape or form.  In our case it was sucking hind teat with Jimmy C.  Also, lucky us, ours just happens to be better than anyone's, ever.

Just now, jdpanther5 said:

Could be, he's certainly my top guy in the draft, just that legitimate franchise-level Tackles are much harder to find than DBs. Plus Dunlap is 30. You hate to redshirt a 3rd overall pick, but Tunsil should be an anchor on the left side for the next decade. 

That's true.  When they threw King to the right side he wasn't too good so if they get Tunsil, it could be a solid RT-LT transition for him.  Barksdale becomes a backup (which he kind of should be anyways)

3 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

Good points.  You pay for your QB in one way, shape or form.  In our case it was sucking hind teat with Jimmy C.  Also, lucky us, ours just happens to be better than anyone's, ever.

That's what sucks in this draft though, if they're after a QB.  There's not a Cam Newton/Andrew Luck kind of guy that you can throw the house at.  Really, there's not any position like that.  No Clowney, Julio Jones, etc. guy that sticks out as one you'd bank that much on.  It's crazy!  

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get that, but if the guy you blew your wad on isn't really that great either and you passed on a Laremy Tunsil or a Jalen Ramsey to take him, did you really do your team any favors?

Just saying they have to take a chance on a new QB, cause if they're going to hope that Keenum and Foles with keep the attention of the L.A. fans, they'll be on the move again in 5 years. The Rams are probably still are working with Greg Robinson to make him a better OT. Their defense did lose some pieces, but they still have some good ones with Donald, Quinn, Hayes, Ogletree, Barron, and Trumaine Johnson.

They have hope at OT and the defense. Not so much at QB

Archived