• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defensive staff

Blackmagic

We've the best defensive staff in the NFL. McDermott makes players with limitations who would fail elsewhere, play average (Harper) or even shine (Coleman) and our young players improved every year on the field with him as DC. Wilks is the best secondary coach in the NFL. Norman excelled when he started to listen to him instead of playing his way. Washington may be the best DL coach and Holcomb prove himself with the improvement of Klein and Shaq during the season.

Gettleman wouldn't pick players if the coaches didn't approve. Our coaching staff has shown a great eye for talent. If Gettleman and the best defensive staff in the NFL believe in the new CB's, we should believe in them until proving otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Paa Langfart said:

I just said in another thread - the CB s we chose last night arent perfect, but thats why we pay coaches.  Let them do their job and i think we are going to be very pleased with both these guys.

Who in the draft is perfect? Look at the list of flaws for Cam and he was chosen 1st overall. Norman and Hardy were both late round picks for a reason. These talking heads know as much as many on the Huddle, but somehow they conned someone into paying for their opinion. 

5 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

If your drafting outside the top 5 and expecting whoever you pick to have no flaws and need no to little coaching your an idiot.....

Jalen Ramsey is a talented DB and described as next Woodson but has no ball skills and his tackling is average. Every player has flaws.

4 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I'm just concerned that the double dip at corner was one of two things. 1. Let's draft two and hope one becomes a starter. 2. Bene isn't healing as well as planned.

We did sign Boykin. So corner is a pretty crowded position for us now.

We've also got 8 DT's and 8 DE's. Pretty crowded there too, but it's still early in the year. Plenty of room on the roster right now. Double dipping worked out pretty well when we took Star and KK in the 1st two rounds. I'm not worried about the choices.

As for those who think Gettleman went off his rocker, he didn't find these guys while surfing football sites. The scouts did their research and the coaches picked apart the film and info and decided on how their list would stack up. I'm sure there was concern about Butler's level of competition at La Tech until he dominated at the Senior Bowl. 

1 hour ago, firefox1234 said:

If your drafting outside the top 5 and expecting whoever you pick to have no flaws and need no to little coaching your an idiot.....

Umm, try EVERY pick. Every player has flaws and every player needs coaching. We just happen to have the best staff that can develop these CB's.

Archived