• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq Thompson Involved In Head on Collision

Damn first off I hope Boone is doing alright. That is always a worst fear that we trust complete strangers driving metal boxes 60 mph inches from us, that someone crosses that 4 inches of space and runs head on. I hate that alc was found out.. Im sure he was out Saturday night and went home with a lady(hes 23 people this part is normal) and drove home that morning. Hungover and out of it can cause that too. Not a great situation and hopefully it does not get picked up by the guy with spikey hair? Person? and gets to espn news desk.

Hope Shaq didnt jar his brain.. praying for Boone.

On 5/23/2016 at 2:37 PM, The Lobo said:

Yeah glad everyone is going to be fine. Shaq seems like a good kid and was smart not to drive drunk and wait until the next day. Hopefully he learns about using a phone a driving. You may be on to something about that lockbox idea. You better patten it before someone steals it.

Waiting until the next day does not matter. It isn't like your body says, "welp, you slept for 3 hours, all alcohol GONE!". This is a very dangerous misconception. Due to the fact that metabolism slows during sleep, alcohol is actually broken down slower while you sleep than it would if you were awake, thus you are actually retaining more alcohol. Sleeping is dangerous. 

20 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Waiting until the next day does not matter. It isn't like your body says, "welp, you slept for 3 hours, all alcohol GONE!". This is a very dangerous misconception. Due to the fact that metabolism slows during sleep, alcohol is actually broken down slower while you sleep than it would if you were awake, thus you are actually retaining more alcohol. Sleeping is dangerous. 

Waiting till the next day can matter, depending on how much you drink.  Yes, I agree that not all the alcohol is out of your system, but a lot more of it is gone than at 2am. 

On 5/25/2016 at 1:28 PM, Davidson Deac II said:

Waiting till the next day can matter, depending on how much you drink.  Yes, I agree that not all the alcohol is out of your system, but a lot more of it is gone than at 2am. 

I'm not saying that you shouldn't sleep if you drink. Simply that people, particularly young people, will stay up until three o'clock drinking and think that sleeping it off consists of sleeping three hours and then driving. At that point they believe they are hungover when in actuality they are still quite impaired. 

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

I'm not saying that you shouldn't sleep if you drink. Simply that people, particularly young people, will stay up until three o'clock drinking and think that sleeping it off consists of sleeping three hours and then driving. At that point they believe they are hungover when in actuality they are still quite impaired. 

I agree.  In fact, I still no a few older people that do that on occassion. It also depends on how much you drink.  The last few times I went out and stayed out till closing time (back when Bush II was still president), I made sure I quite drinking at midnight.  I was still hungover at 7 am, but not too drunk. 

Archived