• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Streaming TV box

ColumbusCounty

Quick question for anyone who can help me out. Having owning about a dozen streaming boxes(including ps4, roku, apple tv, etc.) I think I have finally found "the one".  It's an MBOX or an Mxq quad-core box if you will. I bought it fully loaded...Movies, sports, ppv, tv almost any and everything running off kodi...yada yada. 

If anyone has any experience with this box or similar, what add-on is recommended for Football games besides Game Pass? I seem to be able to find everything except American football. 

Only panther games I can find are the SB50 and the NFCCG... needing more....anybody??

Yep, last football season I got StreamSmart, it's a box made in the USA, has great tech support, and auto updates all of its programs. I have easily been able to watch all Panther games, as well as basically any movie or tv show out there.  It works because they have tons and tons of apps.  Word of advice, but this box directly from the manufactures website http://www.streamsmart.tv

When you buy one of these streaming boxes, there is a lot of things you need to know. For me I don't know much about them, other than I want an easy interface to find what I want to watch.  Also, I think a lot of these boxes have little to no tech support. I haven't had to use it, but they are always sending updates, so at least it's great. This was the review I watched, which lead to my purchase. 

http://cordcuttersnews.com/review-streamsmart-quad-core-4k/

So in conclusion, I would highly recommend this box, or any Kodi streamer. They are amazing!

All the things they use are free, and you can do them yourself, with some time and research but I guess that is what you pay for.  Exodus is a great add-on for tv/movie, Phoenix has some stuff sometimes, there's a good bit of add-ons.  I was using one for sports and I forgot the name, I'll find it later when at home.  SportsDevil used to be pretty decent.       

27 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

Anyone familiar with using Plex on Roku and getting using unsupported apps for free content?

I'm eventually going to set this up myself... I just need to get the cable to run a hardline from my media server to my router...

FYI, I just got an email from my streaming box manufacture for a discount. Feel free to take advantage if you have been thinking of pulling the trigger.  I wish I could have saved $150 off mine!

Below is a promo code that will get you $150 off either the S4 or Pro!!! This code has no limit and can be shared as much as you like, it’s our way of saying thank you!

www.streamsmart.tv

Promo Code: loyalty

22 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

Anyone familiar with using Plex on Roku and getting using unsupported apps for free content?

Yea I use plex on roku. I share with three other people and it's by far my favorite app on roku. Runs very smooth. 

15 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

FYI, I just got an email from my streaming box manufacture for a discount. Feel free to take advantage if you have been thinking of pulling the trigger.  I wish I could have saved $150 off mine!

Below is a promo code that will get you $150 off either the S4 or Pro!!! This code has no limit and can be shared as much as you like, it’s our way of saying thank you!

www.streamsmart.tv

Promo Code: loyalty

I have been researching this and now that you have posted that code you are twisting my arm.

Does this device get NFL games, NFL Network or Redzone or anything like that? NFL is the ONLY reason I have not completely cut the cord. Sure, I could get an HD antenna but I live in somewhat of a low channel at the base of a mountain. I fear I would need to install a large pole of some kind to get a signal for Sunday football. It's an undertaking I don't look forward to. If this device gets NFL games and the like I might just make the plunge.

Archived