• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rogue One

R0CKnR0LLA

11 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Well bump...

ONE MORE DAY

Reviews coming in are looking great, and I understand that there's a big revelation story wise that they've managed to keep secret all this time which is pretty exciting for an old nerd like me - hope its not something stupid like when we found out Anakin made C-3P0 LOL

Yep, so far, the review are very good.  Got an 84 on rotten tomatoes.  Its apparently very different than the previous SW's movies.  Someone actually called it Star Wars meets the Normandy scene of Saving Private Ryan.  

24 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

Just left it.  Go see it... go see it right now. 

Probably vaulted immediately to the #1 SW movie of all time.

Wow.

I still say Empire, but damn is that ending great.

This is a classic. It FEELS like Star Wars, but isn't anything we've seen before. They absolutely nailed it.

9 hours ago, TN05 said:

I still say Empire, but damn is that ending great.

This is a classic. It FEELS like Star Wars, but isn't anything we've seen before. They absolutely nailed it.

I love Empire, best one of the original trilogy and the prequels don't really even count...  TFA was good...

This movie was GREAT, I like it even more now that I've had 12 hours to digest it.  They did all the great 'Star Wars' things without the dumb/silly 'Star Wars' things... and the ending... oh my god, the ending is just epic.

23 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

It's not the perfect Star Wars movie, but it's probably the most perfect Star Wars movie we are going to get. Feels at home with the 70s design aesthetic melded into modern movie making.

I'm not sure what your comment means.  To me this is the most perfect Star Wars movie that's been made to date.

Pretty much the only thing that could be better is two hours of Vader killing people, which Disney isn't going to do.

4 hours ago, Darth Biscuit said:

I'm not sure what your comment means.  To me this is the most perfect Star Wars movie that's been made to date.

Pretty much the only thing that could be better is two hours of Vader killing people, which Disney isn't going to do.

I thought that the beginning 20 minutes were a bit jarring at times (using English text to describe locations we are going to took me out of it, in the other movies we had subtitles or Aurabesh when text was on the screen other than the crawls, and the text naming the planet reminded me of the new Star Trek movies)  and the music had an impossible task. Forest Whitakers eye drives me nuts. Jyn seemed to get into the rebel side of things pretty quickly but the movie kind of demanded that.

And it was great but it wasn't "I'm 15 years old and skipping school to see Empire" great!

It's amazing. I'm a fanboy but not too hardcore so I love all of the Star Wars movies. I thought TFA was really good too, but this one.....just feels right. 

I can see how some wouldn't like some parts, certain things.... but I loved it and importantly think it truly ADDED to the story. ANH has more context and weight now IMO. 

Really really enjoyed it, if you're a fan of the franchise, even a minor one- you're doing yourself a disservice not to see it in theaters. Visually its the best Star Wars yet. 

Archived