• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ward admits they targeted Cam

Thorrez

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000697470/article/cam-newton-takes-pounding-in-panthers-loss-to-broncos

"We wanted to make sure it got to him, so every time he ran, we wanted to put a helmet or shoulder pad on him, and if he's not going to slide, then we're really going to put something on you," Ward said. "We've seen him limping throughout the game. That running stuff, you can't do that all game with your quarterback."

Yes, he refers to Cam as a runner but he still admits that the broncos first priority when can runs is to hurt him. 

If there are no fine for the broncos, as a team, or at least one of the coaches player safety is officially ended. 

Nothing he said there was suspicious. Every defense wants to hit the QB as much as possible. It wasn't that they were hitting Cam, it's HOW they were hitting him. They were launching he let first targeting his head. That's like the single most frowned upon thing in football (supposedly) and they did it time and time and time again with no penalty. 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nothing he said there was suspicious. Every defense wants to hit the QB as much as possible. It wasn't that they were hitting Cam, it's HOW they were hitting him. They were launching he let first targeting his head. That's like the single most frowned upon thing in football (supposedly) and they did it time and time and time again with no penalty. 

"we wanted to put a helmet" is not suspicious? 

It is one thing to hit clean and hard enough to hurt, that is the game. Using your helmet as a weapon is not. 

1 minute ago, Thorrez said:

"we wanted to put a helmet" is not suspicious? 

It is one thing to hit clean and hard enough to hurt, that is the game. Using your helmet as a weapon is not. 

No, it's not. "Putting a helmet" or "putting a hat" on a guy is standard football talk. It isn't illegal to hit a guy with your helmet. It's illegal to target a guy's head and thats what the Broncos were doing all night long. 

After that 3-person gang tackle that came well after Cam tossed the ball, the Broncos knew it was open season.  The players are told to play within the game.  They were playing within the game that the REFEREES ALLOWED.  How can you spite a team for that?  We didn't play with that aggression [however noble that may be], and we still almost pulled it out [who am I kidding, I'm surprised Gano was actually able to get it past the line of scrimmage].

9 hours ago, Thorrez said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000697470/article/cam-newton-takes-pounding-in-panthers-loss-to-broncos

"We wanted to make sure it got to him, so every time he ran, we wanted to put a helmet or shoulder pad on him, and if he's not going to slide, then we're really going to put something on you," Ward said. "We've seen him limping throughout the game. That running stuff, you can't do that all game with your quarterback."

Yes, he refers to Cam as a runner but he still admits that the broncos first priority when can runs is to hurt him. 

If there are no fine for the broncos, as a team, or at least one of the coaches player safety is officially ended. 

Karma will comeback and bite them in the ass, their QBs are going to get it, hopefully its the same manner  as Denver's defense used to hit Cam in the helmet.

This is something I haven't seen posted but they clearly went low on Benjamin, not to tackle him as they didn't go for his feet, but to test his knee. I saw at least 4 instances where a Broncos defense attempted to take KB down by way of targeting his knee instead of trying to trip him up at his feet. 

I'm sure there will be gif's of it somewhere but that poo pissed me off as soon as I saw it. 

Archived