• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers 'concerned' with Stewart's status

Castavar

I was pretty anxious in the 1st Q with Stew out and Fozzy being checked for a concussion.   Worried that we were going to pay badly for not activating CAP.

Can't say how thrilled I am that Fozzy came back in and balled out.

Here are the running totals for week 2, and for the season to date so far on Rushing attempts, yards and yards / attempt for all those who've gotten carries:

RushingSummary_wk2.png

Rushing_todate_thru week 2.png

12 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Fozzy is good but he's not the same type of guy Stew is. 

If 28 is out we need to activate CAP or dare I say Wegher who is most similar to Stewart.

Best post of the year....especially given that Wegher is NOT even on the team.  Talk about uninformed fan.

44 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

Best post of the year....especially given that Wegher is NOT even on the team.  Talk about uninformed fan.

Fug you he was always inactive or PS. Hard to notice him being gone. Honest mistake.

Doesnt change the fact we have no one close to Stew on the roster.

21 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Fug you he was always inactive or PS. Hard to notice him being gone. Honest mistake.

Doesnt change the fact we have no one close to Stew on the roster.

No...fug you.  Not my fault that you don't even know who is on the damn roster. 

And Wegher is NOWHERE near Stew.  That is the reason he was cut and is on NO ONE'S roster right now.

9 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

CAP and Fozzy will be a fumbling mess against good defenses.

I know that in the 2015 preseason CAP fumbled but what has happened since then?

SEASON TEAM GAMES RUSHING RECEIVING FUMBLES
G GS ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LONG TD FUM LOST
TOTAL 45 183 4.1 31 1 5 58 11.6 20 0 0 0
2015 CAR 7 0 45 183 4.1 31 1 5 58 11.6 20 0 -- --

7 games with 45 attempts and 5 receptions for a combined 191 yards and 0 fumbles. I know it doesn't fit in with the CAP fumbles a lot mythos but 0 fumbles doesn't sound like a real problem to me.

"He's done. Our backups are just as good. Time to move on." - Every dumbass huddler every time Stewart gets dinged up.

Newsflash, we don't have another back on the roster who can do what Stew does for our offense.  Fozzy can't pound it between the tackles.  CAP may or may not still have fumblitis, but even if he doesn't, he's no where near as good a pass blocker as Stew, which limits his ability to be a starter.

Maybe CAP could develop skills to do what Stew does, but he's only 3 years younger and that's a pretty big maybe.

Frankly I'm fine with Stew being out a couple games a season as long as he plays as well as he has been.  If he ever has another major, season-ending injury (which he hasn't for several seasons), THEN I'll consider joining the "let's move on" brigade.  But until then, his value far outweighs the liability of a few missed games per season.

26 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

7 games with 45 attempts and 5 receptions for a combined 191 yards and 0 fumbles. I know it doesn't fit in with the CAP fumbles a lot mythos but 0 fumbles doesn't sound like a real problem to me.

Pretending that 45 attempts proves anything about a RB is a joke.  If he had fumbled even once in 45 attempts, I could say his fumble percentage is the highest in the league, because it would be.  45 touches prove nothing.

I hope he's fixed that issue just as much as everyone else, but there's no way we can trust that until he's gotten a lot of touches.  We'll see how much the coaches trust him these next couple games if Stew stays out.

59 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

CPK believes in the myths that invents inside his own little cranium.

30 minutes ago, Servant of Cthululelei said:

Pretending that 45 attempts proves anything about a RB is a joke.  If he had fumbled even once in 45 attempts, I could say his fumble percentage is the highest in the league, because it would be.  45 touches prove nothing.

I hope he's fixed that issue just as much as everyone else, but there's no way we can trust that until he's gotten a lot of touches.  We'll see how much the coaches trust him these next couple games if Stew stays out.

You're right... 45 touches doesn't prove anything.

But, if and until HE DOES FUMBLE in the regular season, how have you come up with it as being an "issue"?  That's just as ridiculous a viewpoint as looking at those 45 attempts and thinking that CAP has "proven" something.

10 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

You're right... 45 touches doesn't prove anything.

But, if and until HE DOES FUMBLE in the regular season, how have you come up with it as being an "issue"?  That's just as ridiculous a viewpoint as looking at those 45 attempts and thinking that CAP has "proven" something.

You're right too, he hasn't proven that he'll fumble in actual games.  But he did last preseason and that's the only significant game action we've seen of him. It naturally makes me a bit uneasy.  I don't think it'll be a major issue, but if he fumbles let's say only 1.5 times as often as Stewart, that could be a HUGE problem for our offense.

I think the more important thing for our coaches is whether or not he can be a good pass-blocker.

Archived