• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's be real.

iamhubby1

6 hours ago, stankowalski said:

What is costing us big time right now are penalties, special teams and turnovers.  I feel like 2 out of 3 of those can be fixed.  I'll let you decide which one I have no faith in being fixed for the foreseeable future.  

We're fine. 

IMO all 3 of these things can be fixed. We have the personnel for it.

5 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I don't think anyone is jumping ship, but you can't blame them for being pissed when most called out that de and ot would be a big problem and we did little to improve the situation gm or coaching. It's also starting to get annoying anytime refs dictate the game we can't seem to overcome it.

Who should we have brought in to fix the DE and OT problem?

Just now, thefuzz said:

Who should we have brought in to fix the DE and OT problem?

We could Have drafted a OT or DE or pick one up during free agency. Ayers, Williams, are just a couple de's that were available. At least bring someone to push the starters at those two weak positions or scheme around it 

the only people that need to be given a reality check thus far are those who thought we were going 15-1 again.  

this team is really good and is is still early in the season.  they have been defeated by two 3-0 teams who got out of the gates strong.  they aren't playing well enough for a full 60, yet, to beat the top teams in the league.  again, it's early.  

IMO, the 2 games we've lost are our most difficult of the season (raiders and Seahawks will be tough too, aided by back to back west coast games). We lost. sucks, but we (I) shouldn't be surprised. These are tough defenses!! Poo happens. While I thought we did a terrible job adjusting yesterday, we actually played well against the broncos. losing to good teams is nothing to freak out about. we just need to learn from it and move on. 

We have the talent on this team and coaching staff to win SB51, and our toughest opponents are behind us...GPKP!

I truly believe that most fans, IE fanatics, enjoy picking on their team as they are asking for perfection. Not only are they expecting the players to go out and execute against eliite talant, but they also expect our coaches to always be able to overcome good ajustments made by other teams. 

The reality is it's a rarity for teams to go 15-1. How many times have the Patriots accomplished it? 

No team is going to have all pro talent at every position, yet many of our fans expect just that, dispite the fact that it is impossible. So we continue to hear that we should have upgraded at the tackles, and pass rushers, even though there really haven't been opportunities to do so.  Our starting ends are quite good. Our front 7 is one of the most feared and respected in the league. That is why teams try to take us out of pass rush mode, or negate it as much as possible with 3 step drops.  I understand the frustration that we'renot getting the sacks, but there are reasons for it, and it doesn't start at our talent. 

We have two good tackles. I know many don't realize just how lucky we are to have Oher and Remmers.  Good tackles don't grow on trees. 

Good tackles still make mistakes, and get beat by elite players. It happens.  

Our team isn't losing due to lack of good talent. We're losing cause of mistakes and poor execution, and make no mistake about it, good defenses have a part of our offense not executing. It doesn't just fall on the players and coaches. 

If we are going to win a championship, it'll be because of the defense. Offenses, no matter how good they are, can't win championships with out defense.

Relax guys, we'll be alright.

There's no flow, no rhythm. Everything feels off...not natural. Got to get these plays in quicker and run some quick hits. Keep the defense off balance. It's not hard for the defense to get off on our tackles if we're snapping the ball with 2 seconds left on the play clock constantly. 

Archived