• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam walks out of press conference

TheSpecialJuan

14 hours ago, TheRed said:

fuck_off_jack_nicholson.gif

Pretty much sums up this dumb thread, and ya'll season, sorry, could not resist. Most do not even know Manning walks off the field and did not shake a single persons hand after a SB lost. Start being consistent with your criticism, because it makes you look suspect.

I have one simple question, were Brady and Newton fined or punished? No, because they were complainant. Fans are trying to police athletes whom have no clout and probably step out of work everyday when they think nobody is watching

Both guys broke no rules, they did not answer the questions in the fashion you fans wanted them to, but they did answer it in a fashion which was absolutely tasteful and complainant within the standards of the NFL.

If any of these guys were punished, the folks criticizing Cam would have a point.

19 minutes ago, ThatSeattleBoy said:

Pretty much sums up this dumb thread, and ya'll season, sorry, could not resist. Most do not even know Manning walks off the field and did not shake a single persons hand after a SB lost. Start being consistent with your criticism, because it makes you look suspect.

I have one simple question, were Brady and Newton fined or punished? No, because they were complainant. Fans are trying to police athletes whom have no clout and probably step out of work everyday when they think nobody is watching

Both guys broke no rules, they did not answer the questions in the fashion you fans wanted them to, but they did answer it in a fashion which was absolutely tasteful and complainant within the standards of the NFL.

If any of these guys were punished, the folks criticizing Cam would have a point.

Compliant.

The word is compliant.  (Maybe you're phone was effing you over?)

Listen I see both sides of the Cam thing. I understand the people wanting Cam to take more accountability as a Franchise QB and one of the NFL's true superstars. I can also understand the people saying that this isn't a big deal for all the number of reasons that it isn't.

At the end of the day, the media is butthurt because Cam didn't give them the time that they feel they deserve. That's it. Most of them are screaming for more accountability for Cam, but imo it's not their job to hold him accountable or decide who should and how they should do it. 

If Cam still respects and has the respect of his coaches and teammates and they're comfortable with how he handles himself with the media then I'm fine with it. Certainly the media can get over themselves. The media (local especially) under performs in their job far too often to be casting down judgement on others.

35 minutes ago, ThatSeattleBoy said:

You got a perty mouf 

1 hour ago, AppHeel said:

Listen I see both sides of the Cam thing. I understand the people wanting Cam to take more accountability as a Franchise QB and one of the NFL's true superstars. I can also understand the people saying that this isn't a big deal for all the number of reasons that it isn't.

At the end of the day, the media is butthurt because Cam didn't give them the time that they feel they deserve. That's it. Most of them are screaming for more accountability for Cam, but imo it's not their job to hold him accountable or decide who should and how they should do it. 

If Cam still respects and has the respect of his coaches and teammates and they're comfortable with how he handles himself with the media then I'm fine with it. Certainly the media can get over themselves. The media (local especially) under performs in their job far too often to be casting down judgement on others.

I do not see both sides honestly, because Cam held up to his end of the post game job responsibilities. If the presser job stated that the player must smile, answer every single question, and cannot walk off then yep, I could see both sides. There are not two sides to this, only folks being petty while reaching.

He did his job, otherwise he would have been fined. Period.

The message here is; kids, do your job, no matter how tough it is. Answer some questions, if you wish to leave, you must fulfill your responsibilities at the presser first.

Sports Illustrated

Cam Newton didn’t feel like talking following the Panthers’ 41–38 loss to the Saints on Sunday, deciding to cut his postgame press conference short after just over a minute. Newton replied to six questions with very brief answers before saying, “next question,” in response to a reporter asking about his frustration level. After one more, he was asked again about his level of frustration, and said, “next question” again before leaving in the middle of the next question.

Cam's press conference lasted 90 seconds (no mood to talk about team's 1-5 start), but it doesn't need over analysis. It's just... whatever.

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) October 16, 2016

USA Today

Cam Newton’s Carolina Panthers are having more than just a Super Bowl hangover. The Panthers fell to 1-5 after a 41-38 loss to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.

But Newton brought back some Super Bowl postgame memories with his response.

The quarterback offered a few short responses — including "just trying to find a way to win the football game" and "next question" — before departing just an estimated 90 seconds into the session.

By unofficial estimates, that is 59 seconds shorter than his Super Bowl 50 postgame press conference.

Nola.com

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton was visibly frustrated in his post game press conference after his team suffered a 41-38 loss to the New Orleans Saints following a 52-yard field goal by Wil Lutz with 11 seconds to play.

Newton's postgame media session lasted all of 90-seconds with the All-Pro quarterback declining to answer several questions and giving short and direct answers to other.

porous offensive line play or drops in his career, but it’s the worst that he’s looked with them.

Guerry Smith, Associated Press

It took Cam Newton nearly an hour to show up for his postgame interview after the Carolina Panthers’ fourth straight loss Sunday. He was in a much bigger hurry once he got there, walking out after 90 seconds of terse, sullen responses.

If there was any good news for the defending NFC champion Panthers (1-5), Newton resembled his old self during – and after – a 41-38 loss to the New Orleans Saints.

Back from a concussion that sidelined him for a week, he rallied Carolina from a 21-0 deficit to tie the score in the fourth quarter. But

Thanks so much for totally screwing the formatting of this entire page with your ignorant post, @TheSpecialJuan

I'm truly saddened that all of your Special Media Heroes are disappointed in the behavior of the Carolina Panthers starting QB.

Truly.

I am.

(Psssssssssssssssssst... I'm really not.  At all.  Not even a little.)

(P.S. May I recommend for you and your Special Media Hero friends a healthy supply of feminine hygiene products?

always.jpg

)

Archived