• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HORNETS opener Game Day Thread

Jase

1 minute ago, RoaringRiot said:

Isn't there a streaming option too? My dad canceled cable last year and I found the games for him but can't remember exactly 

I have sling tv and I have the channel. $20 per month is not bad at all.

Congrats to the Hornets on winning the season opener. 

We looked real good. If this wasn't their home opener we would've won by 30 points, they showed a lot of impressive fight after going down big in the third. They owe us one after we stole that home opener in 2014-15 and we finished it off. Seems like we're picking up where we left off with the addition of mkg.

Isn't there a streaming option too? My dad canceled cable last year and I found the games for him but can't remember exactly 

I have sling, the base package is $20 which includes ESPN (I get for Monday night football)

They have a $25 for the next package which includes NFL network and fox sports but no ESPN.

Just blows my mind how the NBA wants to grow in market share but only keeps cable package for games locally. Want a bigger audience? Get cbs, fox, NBC, abc etc to broadcast your games

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I have sling, the base package is $20 which includes ESPN (I get for Monday night football)

They have a $25 for the next package which includes NFL network and fox sports but no ESPN.

Just blows my mind how the NBA wants to grow in market share but only keeps cable package for games locally. Want a bigger audience? Get cbs, fox, NBC, abc etc to broadcast your games

The TV deals will remain the way the are for a while too they were just signed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

29 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

Oh I know just saying it doesn't make sense.

Tell me another league where a local sports team plays and aren't shown on local tv....

Hell the Knights were even on tv....

All of the major ones besides the NFL. Hell, the NHL barely even comes on cable besides regional sports channels.

All of the major ones besides the NFL. Hell, the NHL barely even comes on cable besides regional sports channels.

Your saying that when the Red Sox play they aren't on national tv that they don't play it locally? Braves?

College football? ACC plays most of their games are broadcast locally (few smaller games are on ESPN U)

NHL has the same issue as NBA, complains about market share, wants to reach a broader audience, but signs tv deals that limits their viewers.

Really excited about the Hornets this season! They play a fun style of up tempo offense and swarm on defense.

Hibbert reminded me of his great play from the Pacers several seasons ago. MKG was playing out of his gawd damn mind!

All of the excitement of yesterday's game and our two best players didn't even play their best game. Looking forward to seeing were the Hornets end up at seasons end.

22 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Jumper wasn't great but everything else looked very solid. 

Man if that jumper starts falling we could be talking all-star talent.

Good news is that he didn't shy away from shooting and he put it up with confidence. If he starts banging a few then his slash game gets even better.

Archived