• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

star is looking like kk from last year

juliosantos

3 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Nah. Star's always done what he's supposed to. He was drafted for what he is, someone to control the los. Days like today are icing on the cake.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

i don't know why he can't do it all. i agree he should be stuffing the run, but cutting him loose as a pass rusher just increases our D's versatility and creates more pressure.

is Star can make some noise this year with a few games like this one, kk elevates his game again, and butler comes back healthy, we have 3 guys who can do it all in the middle and will leave the oline to double team both DTs. plus, imagine a Kony-Star-Butler-KK package. just nasty!

I think people put to much emphasis on sacks for dt's. DT's getting sacks are nice, even great. But Sacks are not the primary indicator of how well a DT is playing. Short and Starr both had great games today, and it showed in how we shut the Az run game down, at least until later in the game when we started focusing more on pass defense. And in how we kept collapsing the pocket.

7 hours ago, Dick the Butcher said:

Result of more attention paid to KK? Star is a mainstay that helps other guys. When those guys blow up, we see Star's true value. 

Could be. I know I always see Star get doubled and he does well most of the time. I've always felt he's our best DT. Doesn't get credit because of lack of sacks. I think Igo posted double team numbers for a couple games and star was doubled twice as much as KK.

Archived