• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Top 25 CBs - Only 1 Rookie Made It

Saca312

According to PFF, James Bradberry is ranked 22nd out of of the top 25 CBs this season.

And he's only a rookie.

The only rookie on that list to be precise.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-25-nfl-cornerbacks-this-season/

22. James Bradberry, Carolina Panthers, 80.4

The play of rookie James Bradberry has been impressive. A second-round rookie out of Samford, Bradberry has made the leap from the FCS to being the No. 1 corner for his new NFL team in his rookie season, and has started to look very good. Bradberry has shown the ability to make plays in both man and zone coverage, breaking up passes he has no right to challenge for, and hasn’t surrendered a catch longer than 28-yards all season. The Panthers’ defense has looked notably better the rookie is in the lineup.

This should put into perspective how good Gettleman is at finding talent, and how much of a steal he really is.

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Stats are for losers. CPK says he sucks. And CPK wouldn't steer me wrong.

People won't care where he is graded. They can see with their own two eyes he isn't that good.

Nah. You see when he does good, those plays don't count.

James "first down" Bradberry is a bust, and other CBs are obviously better.

5 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Love this kid. If we can get a solid cb in FA we will be ok.

We need to get us a skrong LT. We also need to upgrade Boston. And you might as well throw in a good/great DE as well. But considering how this year has played out. That really ain't that bad.

I will give Worley until the end of the year, as he seems to be progressing. But a Vet CB to help settle that group down could be an asset.

We could go to war with Bradberry, Johnson, and Worley.

Comparison from Josh Norman in his Rookie year.

I mean it's only fair to compare rookie years. As you can see in 7 games he's already a close to Josh was in 16 games, also good to note that Bradberry had the starting job since the beginning and he missed some play time due to his foot. These stats could be better. There's still a lot more games to be played and I can assure you he will have better numbers than Norman did in his Rookie year. It only bodes well for the secondary. 

NormanVSBradberry.png

16 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I'm not giving up on him, but depth never hurts.

Too early to call him just depth. He has improved from the beginning of the year. He is just a dang rookie for Pete's sake. Give the kid at least until the end of the year before we label him. Folks used to remember that it takes most kids a few years to "Get it". But somehow, that rule does not apply to Worley?

I mean, sure, I would love a solid Vet opposite of "First Down". But, with how we like to rotate, Worley is proving he would belong in that rotation.

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Too early to call him just depth. He has improved from the beginning of the year. He is just a dang rookie for Pete's sake. Give the kid at least until the end of the year before we label him. Folks used to remember that it takes most kids a few years to "Get it". But somehow, that rule does not apply to Worley?

I mean, sure, I would love a solid Vet opposite of "First Down". But, with how we like to rotate, Worley is proving he would belong in that rotation.

I don't mean for him to be depth.

14 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I don't mean for him to be depth.

Don't take this the wrong way. But now I'm just confused.

Okay. I think I got it now. Worley is good enough to keep. Even if we bring in a Vet, Worley has earned the chance to stay in the rotation.

Depth is good. Is that right? If it is. I concur.

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Don't take this the wrong way. But now I'm just confused.

Okay. I think I got it now. Worley is good enough to keep. Even if we bring in a Vet, Worley has earned the chance to stay in the rotation.

Depth is good. Is that right? If it is. I concur.

Haha I'm saying have a solid vet from FA to back him up.

Archived