• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LOL: Ron on the decision not to go for it on 4th and 1

truthjuice

18 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

Ron won coach of the year honors as a result of player performance more than coaching excellence.

Typical huddle logic, when we do well it is due to player execution not coaching. When we do badly it is due to poor coaching because poor player execution is due to poor coaching. But good player execution is not due to good coaching.

Just now, panthers55 said:

It isn't being happy with the coach or players, it is making reasonable assessments of the situation without extreme bias like posters like you. 

Let me ask you this. What's your assessment of how the decision not to go for it worked out??? I don't care what "most any coach" would do...I'm only concerned about the Panthers...and our coach should have gone for it...what's the worst thing that could have happened??? Lost the game??? Spoiler alert, we lost the game anyway. Ron played the game not to lose, I prefer to play to win and accept the results. 

6 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Offensive line was fielding back ups of back ups in two positions, two starters playing out of position and Cam hadn't been able to move the ball on the ground all day. Stewart, barring that one great run, had been stuffed all day, Tolbert had continued his futility and Fozzy, well, he just wasn't happening either.

Short, quick throw? Was there any real reason to think that would work when it hadn't all day? Barring the two big miracle TD passes, Cam was having one of his worst passing days ever. 

And, we're sitting there on our own side of the field. Not making the first down would give them incredible field position. Fumbling or throwing another interception would end the game almost immediately. 

Three timeouts, a defense that had come alive and brought the team back into the game, and Carr playing exclusively from the shotgun due to a dislocated finger on his throwing hand. 

Rivera made the logical choice, conservative or not. Had they gone for it and failed, he would have been crucified for that, too. 

Lmbao..W  exactly TF is a miracle touchdown? And did you miss the entire second half?

32 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It isn't being happy with the coach or players, it is making reasonable assessments of the situation without extreme bias like posters like you. 

And let everyone here be honest . If he had gone for it and failed we'd be hearing the exact opposite critique. 

7 hours ago, truthjuice said:

If there was ever a time to get gutsy and go for it, it was then. I think that was the dumbest decision I've seen Ron make. 

I agree he should have gone for it, but the dumbest move was when we were tied with the Chief's, had the ball on our own 25 yard line with 20 seconds in the game until OT and he passed the ball instead of taking a knee....

The only reason I could see for not going on 4th and 1 is the shape of our offensive line. 

Archived